Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to over 40 locations. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2019, we were recognized as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting systems and processes necessary to provide the Board of Directors, executive management, market, and line of business managers with information that results in more profitable and efficient decision making. The Senior Financial Analyst supports financial management activities including management reporting, profitability analysis, budgeting and forecasting. The Senior Financial Analyst should be a bright, hard-working analyst to work directly with the Director of FP&A. The analyst will work closely with the Treasurer and CFO and other senior professionals of the bank to review and evaluate a wide range of topics. Individual should be a curious problem solver who is not easily discouraged and strives to find solutions even in tough scenarios. Individual will be given as much responsibility as their experience and growing capabilities permit.
Takes a lead in supporting the design and implementation of internal management reports
- Acts as primary finance support for capital allocation methodologies and FTP rules maintained in the company’s profitability systems
- Acts as a liaison to Axiom in implementing and maintaining the profitability and budgeting system
- Works with the Director of FP&A to develop ad-hoc reporting as requested developing market, line of business, and product profitability reports
- Supports forecast and budgeting processes, ensures targets are met within defined timeframes
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other quantitative disciplines required. MBA or master’s degrees in Finance or other quantitative disciplines is a plus.
- 4-7 years of experience in the financial industry, with specific experience in the banking industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with Axiom software preferred.
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and/or Business Intelligence software is a significant plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong systems skills, including Excel or other database management tools
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects.
- Solid oral and written communication abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the finance team in the developing and analyzing flexible financial models and perform ad hoc financial forecasting, analyses and modeling
- Maintain scenario analyses integrating various hypothetical “what if” scenarios (e.g., changes in interest rates, market volatility, and potential acquisitions or divestures)
- Prepare analytical reports and presentations for distribution to the Board of Directors, executive management and various regulatory bodies
- Retrieve and manipulate data from multiple sources and produce relevant analyses and charts at the request of the Director of FP&A, Treasurer, CFO and other senior management.
- Participate in various process improvement activities and other special projects (e.g., bank presentations, stress testing and liquidity analyses)
- Ad hoc reporting and other miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Excellent technical and analytical/quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain complex matters to multiple constituencies.
- Ability to see the "big picture" while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems with an interest in identifying, studying, and improving complex work processes.
- Exceptional work ethic, with an ability to function effectively with deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy ETC)
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally stand. Special vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown above, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Veritex Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Veritex Bank Corporate Human Resources [Dallas, Texas] Revised: 4/15/20
Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success. We have been recognized as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!