Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to 22 locations including a mortgage office. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2017, we were recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to Work in Dallas by The Dallas Morning News as well as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
To contribute to the growth and profitability of both the branch and the bank, by creating a positive working environment and providing superior banking services to customers in a professional manner.
• Acquires new and expands existing consumer and small business banking relationships in addition to day-to-day management of a branch.
• Maintains knowledge and educates the office team on products, services, technology and policies. Ensures high quality, accurate customer service every time.
• Implements business and sales plans and ensures all team members are working toward these goals through individual sales and referrals to Business Partners.
• Fosters and develops community relationships.
• Has branch operations responsibility, such as ensuring that the team is trained and applying technology, policies and procedures.
• Complies with Bank security practices.
• Coaches, counsels, develops work schedules, is responsible for all employee related activities.
• Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy ETC)
• Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are essential.
Education and Experience
The individual should have 2 years of retail banking or related experience in a financial service industry. Candidate must have a proven track record of successful service and sales performance. High school graduate or equivalent; Strong knowledge of competition and product knowledge needed.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience managing both a sales and operations team preferred
• Demonstrated ability to coach and develop individuals and the team to high achievement.
• Banking experience and community involvement in the local market helpful
• Excellent customer service skills and behaviors; is highly motivated, focused, and goal oriented
• Must have excellent written and verbal (face-to-face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• PC and internet proficiency
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Veritex Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Veritex Community Bank Corporate Human Resources [Dallas, Texas] Revised: July 26, 2018