Veterinary Technician - Urgent Care
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin is looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our wonderful Urgent Care crew!
PESCM, located in San Rafael, is the only24/7 veterinary hospital in Marin County, with specialties in Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Urgent Care, Emergency, Radiology, and Critical Care. Our mission is to serve pets and people by continually pushing to improve our medicine, our service, our communication, and ourselves.
Why PESCM: We are not your typical veterinary hospital.
PESCM is run by managers who have been with the hospital for a decade or more, all promoted from within. We are former nurses and client service staff who understand what employees need, because we’ve been there ourselves: predictable schedules, regular time off, competitive pay, generous benefits, and a nurturing yet professional environment that fosters your growth and success.
We know the winning recipe is making a space for you to do good work and be part of the special kind of team unique to veterinary medicine, where the only way to combat compassion fatigue is to take care of each another.
About the Job: Veterinary Technicians at PESCM are responsible for a variety of tasks related to customer service and patient care within the veterinary practice. In addition to veterinary technician skills such as patient restraint, administering medications, IV catheter placement, and phlebotomy, technicians in the Urgent Care department will be responsible for the following:
- Obtaining and reporting vitals
- Recognize changes in patient status and report to doctor
- Advise owners, prepare medications and discharge patients
- Collect samples, place IV catheters, prepare IV fluids
- Utilizing different imaging modalities (radiographs, ultrasound)
- Calculating and administering medication
- Administer and monitor patients for anesthetic/sedation procedures
What you will bring:
- Experience working as a Registered Veterinary Technician preferred; open to consider non-credentialed or veterinary assistant candidates with 2+ years experience working in hospita
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens
- Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Understanding of normal vs abnormal physiologic ranges
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
- Honesty, integrity, and a desire to learn and have fun!
Schedule: Full time position Mon-Thur 9am-730PM
Salary: $24 - $28 / hour based on experience
Benefits of working with us:
- Discount on veterinary care for your furry family
- Mental health support with Talkspace
- Uniform allowance
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Continuing education support for licensed team members
- 401k retirement plan options with company match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance options - some plans may be paid up to 100%
- Basic life insurance provided and other voluntary insurance options available for full-time team members
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for full-time team members
- Paid time off and holiday pay for full-time team members
- Commuter benefit, as most of our staff travel from outside of Marin County, often passing other specialty practices along the way
Location: 901 Francisco Blvd E, San Rafael, CA 94901
Apply today to learn how PESCM can be your next career home!
Veritas Veterinary Partners is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal, state and local laws, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Veritas does not currently sponsor applicants for work Visas, except for TN or E-3 Visa.
All current positions require the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. Additional fluency in other languages is preferred but not required.
Powered by JazzHR
Veritas Veterinary PartnersSan Rafael, CA
AnimalView All Veritas Veterinary Partners Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.