Credentialed Veterinary Technician - Overnight Emergency
Garden State Veterinary Services is excited to announce we are hiring for Credentialed Veterinary Technicians, or experienced Veterinary Technicians to join our Specialty/Emergency practice in Iselin, NJ. We have immediate openings for full and part time candidates for many different overnight shifts in our 24 hour practice!
About GSVServices: We are a multispecialty practice with boarded specialists in cardiology, internal medicine, surgery, radiology, and critical care. Our clients and patients also have access to ophthalmology, oncology, radiation oncology, neurology, dermatology, and radioactive iodine treatment via our affiliated practice in Tinton Falls, NJ. Come summer, 2023, our Iselin practice will be relocating to a larger facility, granting our clients access to more specialties in one convenient location!
Why GSVServices: We are not your typical veterinary hospital! We know the winning recipe to maintain the care and compassion that our patients depend upon us for, is to create a safe and supportive space for you to put your skills to use, develop new skills, and be a part of our highly collaborative, fun, and friendly team! We are proud of our company culture and positive staff engagement within a fast paced, learning environment; and our associate employment longevity is proof of our commitment to take care of one another, and provide the highest standard of care to the patients we serve.
Veterinary Technicians at GSVServices work along specialists and have access to the most advanced diagnostic tools to provide the best possible care. On any given day, you can expect to do the following:
- Assist with general anesthesia and sedated procedures
- Set up CRIs and calculate medical math
- Place IV catheters and institute fluid therapy
- Position appropriately for radiographs and understand radiation safety
- Provide quality, compassionate care for hospitalized patients
- Prepare and administer transfusions: Blood and Plasma
- Maintain accurate treatment sheets and anesthesia records
- Understand capnography, pulse oximetry, ECG and blood pressure monitoring
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Provide client education on a wide range of at home care
- CVT/LVT/RVT preferred, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technician
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with anesthetic monitoring
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens
- Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Understanding of normal vs abnormal physiologic ranges
- Commitment to help mentor and train veterinary assistants
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community
- Positive outlook and friendly, team-orientated attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service
- Honesty, integrity, and a desire to learn and have fun!
GSVServices is proud to offer the following benefits:
- 100% Employer paid health insurance
- 100% Employer paid Vison and Dental
- Mental health support with Talkspace
- Life insurance
- Uniforms provided
- Pet discounts for medical care
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- 401k and Matching
- CE allowance and Licensure fees paid for credentialed technicians
- Full Time Technicians eligible for SIGN on bonus: $3,000 after initial 30 days, and an additional $3,000 at 1 year anniversary
Garden State Veterinary Services is located at 643 NJ-27, Iselin, NJ, 08830
Veritas Veterinary Partners is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal, state and local laws, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Veritas does not currently sponsor applicants for work Visas, except for a TN Visa.
All current positions require the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. Additional fluency in other languages is preferred but not required.
Powered by JazzHR
Veritas Veterinary PartnersIselin, NJ
AnimalView All Veritas Veterinary Partners Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.