Veritas Collaborative is a specialty healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Responsible for providing primary psychiatric care, case management and some medical functions in the behavioral healthcare setting. Provides assessments, treatments and case management to patients and families. Is a resource person to healthcare professionals concerning psychosocial problems, community resources. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in QI activities.
• Provide all aspects of patient psychiatric healthcare, including diagnosis, treatments, and consultations.
• Provide evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of psychiatric and common Eating Disorder medical conditions.
• Diagnose and support the management of comorbidities and complications common to patients with eating disorders.
• Work closely with the Utilization Review team facilitating peer-to-peer insurance reviews, determination of appropriate levels of care, arbitration of clinical appeals, etc.
• Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications
• Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees
• Handle psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations
• Supervise and provide necessary medical services • Develop and supervise the treatment plans of assigned patients
• Liaise with families of patients
• Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews
• Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director
• Participate in program development with Medical Director as assigned
• Assist with administrative duties as assigned
• Participate in on call schedule rotation as required
• Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved
• Provide medical education to family, patients, and staff, in formal groups and ongoing in formal or informal basis • Perform other duties as assigned
• Two (2) or more years of previous independent practice, with an emphasis in hospital, complex medical condition, and/or psychiatric work preferred. Specific skills
• Strong knowledge of EMR systems; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Suite; and other electronic platforms. • Strong interpersonal skills and professional boundaries.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with patients, families, peers and manager.
• Follows all procedures and protocols for patient care and documentation.
• Exercises good judgement regarding interpersonal interactions with patients, families, peers and manager at all times.
• Completes continuing education requirements as mandated by credentialing agencies.
• Works with team; builds and fosters professional relationships.
• Welcomes feedback; proactively offers suggestions.
• Works independently; schedules time efficiently; thinks proactively.
• Embraces change
• Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred General Skills and Requirements
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, gender identity, and sexual orientation issues.
• Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean. • Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
• Reports to work on-time and as scheduled.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner. • Complies with all organizational policies
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Pay Type Salary