Director - Strategic Account Management
- $171,200 to $231,600 Yearly
Verisign helps enable the security, stability, and resiliency of the internet. We are a trusted provider of internet infrastructure services for the networked world and deliver unmatched performance in domain name system (DNS) services.
We are a mission focused, values driven company where each individual can contribute to building a stronger, more secure internet. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with competitive benefits and the ability to grow your career.
The Director - Strategic Account Management leads business development and relationship management with registrar and reseller partners, drives optimal outcomes in joint marketing activities and Global Channel Marketing programs (GCM), gathers partner and market intelligence to forecast domain registrations and ensures timely and complete communication to both the partner and key internal stakeholders. The Director provides significant input into the master strategy for the region and for key partners headquartered in the region.
- Creates and implements the strategic plan for key partner accounts in the Americas, in consultation with senior management and marketing management.
- Leads global account strategy development for areas of responsibility, consulting with account management team members, marketing, and product leaders in creating this global account plan.
- Gains and communicates knowledge and insight from the market and channel about partners' business priorities, challenges, and dynamics to help align Verisign's strategies and plans with partner and market realities.
- Together with Marketing and Program teams, jointly drives the development and execution of marketing plans and programs. Works with global marketing management to ensure that optimal joint marketing investments are made. Actively manages and monitors partner execution and compliance with global channel joint marketing program objectives and commitments. Provides reporting on execution to management.
- Develops and maintains market and registration forecasts for key partners, taking into account regional new registration objectives which affect global accounts.
- Leads or supports the timely development of qualitative and quantitative weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations.
- Ensures timely and thorough reporting to Verisign stakeholders and senior management of potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the registrar. Works across the organization to develop immediate and long-term solutions to client challenges.
- Must be willing and available to travel customer meetings to meet with executives and operational staff
- 12 years account management or similar business experience
- 4+ years registry operator or registrar experience is preferred
- Proven track record of execution using sound account management principles
- Advanced relationship-management experience and consulting skills, with ability to lead, engage and build consensus across various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to have effective conversations with an executive audience while navigating difficult topics
- Results oriented with an ability to identify, track and communicate important metrics while delivering results through others
- Expertise in analyzing data, developing insights that influence the strategy and lead to business results including excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 4-year bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred
This position is based in our Reston, VA office and offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule.
The pay range is $171,200 - $231,600. The anticipated base salary range for this position is noted above, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.
Get fresh Director - Strategic Account Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.