Manager Accounts Receivable
- Expired: July 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a collaborative team-oriented Manager, Accounts Receivable!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry, and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for managing the Full Cycle Accounts Receivable process which includes:
- Ensure compliance with all Accounting and Finance policies, practices, and procedures
- Monitoring, tracking, and enforcing AR department policies and procedures, identifying inefficiencies, proposing and documenting new concepts and procedures
- Responsible for managing Full Cycle AR, including invoicing, cash application, client account reconciliation/AR reconciliations, investigating and resolving customer inquiries and irregularities, managing accurate AR aging report, communication and reporting on delinquent/at risk accounts
- Reviews new customer billing/contract set up as well as maintenance and updates to existing customer records
- Careful review of all billing batches before release of invoices to the customers
- Quick response to early contract cancellations, exception pricing, and collaboration with relevant parties to update AR records
- Timely processing of ACH batches, bank deposits and payment applications
- Proactively manage and evaluate release of customer credits, rebills, and write-offs
- Provide bi-weekly receivables reporting to the Sr Manager to support 'billing at risk' meetings
- Monitor and maintain the DSO of the organization at low levels. Circulate monthly DSO report with notes to the relevant teams and interact with them to get overdue payments
- Communicate directly with key customer and internal contacts to resolve past due balances
- Keep accurate and detailed customer collection notes in system of record
- Record bad debt provisions per company policy
- Manage monthly sales tax filing and sales tax reconciliation
- Set objectives for the AR support team that align with AR department and lead, supervise and mentor direct report(s) - AR Specialist(collections), Associate Accountants etc.
- Communicate critical issues to Sr. Manager with when to "raise the flag" mentality
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes, including preparation of month end journal entries as needed
- Assist the Sr. Revenue Manager on additional duties, special projects and audits
You will bring to the table your:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5+ years of accounting experience with emphasis in Revenue and AR
- 2+ years of experience coaching and/or leading teams
- Proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred, working experience with ERP and Revenue systems like Oracle, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle Revenue Management (ORM), Zuora, Chargebee, and Salesforce is plus
- Able to process numerical and big raw data coming from the IT Datawarehouse environment
- Strong leadership skills, including high level of integrity, confidentiality, and work ethic
- A performer who performs with little supervision and meets the deadlines
- Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills
- Experience working with high profile customers
- Problem solving attitude
- Customer service mindset
This position is located in our Foster City, Ca office and offers:
- Competitive Base Salary, plus generous performance-based bonus
- Hybrid work environment (In office 2 days a week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and much more www.benefitsource.visa.com
- 401k w/ 2:1 match (up to 10%)
- Paid Time Off (21 days) & Paid Holidays (12 days + 1 Floating)
- Generous Parental & Personal Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program & Long-Term Incentive Program
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company with 2 days Volunteer Time Off
- Paid parking and complimentary food (LA Only)
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
*Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
AddressSan Mateo, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Verifi, Inc.