Aerospace Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veridiam is searching for an experienced Aerospace Quality Engineer to join our team in Oceanside, CA. The Aerospace Quality Engineer develops, evaluates, revises, and applies technical quality assurance protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished products. Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both company quality assurance standards and applicable customer and/or government regulations. Performs analysis and identifies trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process materials and raw materials, and recommends corrective actions when necessary.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with quality control, operations and engineering to continually improve legacy process quality plans and support product changes.
- Works with team members in production, engineering, and quality to define inspection methods for critical features.
- Creates, maintains, and continues improvement of Program Quality Plans.
- Creates and monitors program quality metrics and associated quality improvement plans.
- Provide interpretation of complex requirements. Drive resolution of conflicts and clarification in requirement flow down.
- Responsible for Quality Engineering support of manufacturing development and integration for production.
- Lead investigations to determine compliance with quality management system standards, product configuration assurance, contractual, customer and business requirements utilizing a risk based mentality.
- Accountable for product development, customer quality requirements management and first article development.
- Functions as a liaison between the customer and Veridiam to address quality concerns.
- Works to develop quality plans during new product introduction.
- Uses VOC (Voice of the customer), Lessons Learned and pFMEA to create inspection, control, and SPC plans.
- Implements testing and inspection plans, method and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Works with purchasing to monitor critical process supplier performance through trend analysis and onsite audits.
- Works with suppliers on improvement plans. Issues and manages SCAR's as required.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, Veridiam policies and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures always.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Materials.
- Significant technical experience/expertise in Aerospace/Space Quality Engineering
- Minimum 8 years’ related experience; or a level of education that, together with experience and training, enables the applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- US Citizen/U.S. Permanent Resident Required – Aerospace ITAR Compliance
- American Society of Quality CQE a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable with various materials (Titanium, stainless, Inconel and Zirconium) a plus.
- Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Designs workflows, Quality Management Systems, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Analysis, designs experiment, uses Six Sigma, and develops SOP'S (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Technical Skills - Understands and has working knowledge of quality procedures, process and function including AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485:2016, and/or FDA 21 CFR 820.
- Experience with the review of contractual requirements and quality clauses flow down.
- Experience in executing FAIRs or PPAPs to support process, equipment and installation validations.
- Understand engineering drawing requirements and quality plans.
- NADCAP Audit experience is a plus.
- Interface, train, lead and coach company personnel.
- Read and comprehend complex engineering documents.
- Work in a production oriented environment.
- Work effectively with customers and company personnel.
- Work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Travel throughout the plant, and capable of reaching around and over equipment to perform job responsibilities.
- Maintain mental concentration for an entire shift in order to complete job duties.
- Feel, hear, and see detail features and characteristics for inspection and procedure development.
- Utilize hand-eye coordination sufficient to work with manufacturing and inspection equipment.
- Hold, manipulate and lift samples, objects, and equipment of 50 pounds.
- Collaborate with Integrity, Respect & Trust
- Pursuit of Excellence with Diversity & Creativity
ManufacturingView all jobs at Veridiam