Are you a successful Customer Service Representative looking for an opportunity to increase your compensation and grow your career? Are you a persuasive professional who prefers to finesse your way into success? If you have customer service, insurance or collections experience and want to work for a growing company with a great culture, then this is the role for you!
One of our best clients has an opening for Claims Specialists in their Denver, CO office. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with a top consulting company in the telecommunications/construction industry. This opportunity has the potential to make $55 - 85K in the first year for the right candidate and then $100K+ in year two and beyond.
What You'll Do:
You will work with an, internal team including field investigators, to manage claims and collect from businesses and insurance agencies. On a day to day basis you can expect to:
• Resolve and negotiate claims recovery via phone, email, letter and other means of communication
• Learn the functionality of the company's Claims Database Tool and enter all notes and documentation within the tool throughout the recovery process
• Be able to support claims investigation packages with photographs, narratives, job costs, site sketches, locate tickets and other components provided to you from the field investigator and visualize and understand the damage scene to accurately defend liability
• Work directly with liable parties' insurance provider to defend claims and negotiate settlements
• Work directly with claims departments and management of liable parties from small businesses to large corporations to municipalities
• Develop a professional working relationship with the client, on-site field investigators, technicians, management team and others
• Develop a solid working relationship with the client's locate company and their claims coordinators and management
• Achieve monthly and quarterly recovery targets set by the department
• Communicate with the field investigator for post-claim submittal needs
• Attend weekly department meetings to discuss individual and team recovery numbers and goals
• Maintain a working knowledge of the entire claims process
What You Bring:
You are clever and receptive to adjusting your collection techniques. You are a quick learner and love to problem solve. You have:
• Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as an ability to navigate a variety of operational tasks on a computer
• Exceptional writing and communication skills, with a heavy focus on phone and email communication
• Knowledge of insurance claims negotiation and settlement process
• Knowledge of cable industry and/or utility locate industry (preferred)
• 1-2 years of claims recovery and/or insurance industry experience (preferred)
What We Offer:
This is a contract to hire role with a salary of $18 - $21 per hour, plus uncapped commission. The Denver, CO office has a friendly, flexible team that rewards you based on your performance!