Project Manager II - Energy
Veregy is an industry leader made up of eight engineering and energy service companies bringing energy-efficient, smart building technology, and distributed energy solutions to our markets. We believe innovation, together with award-winning service, creates long-term value for our clients.
The role of the Project Manager is to assist in the development of qualified projects during the RFP/RFQ process and oversee the onsite project operations for an individual small to large scale project. Provides leadership at the project level by managing the Owner, Architect, Engineer and Subcontractor team towards a satisfied Customer. Manages Risk proactively, with the assistance of the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) by prioritizing tasks to mitigate/eliminate risk. The Project Manager manages the budget process by updating the required work to complete on a regular basis and reports projections and forecast to the RCL monthly. Leads and manages logistics of the project, including set-up and planning, schedule management, materials and supplies, and quality control. Leads and manages subcontractors, coordinating and attending meetings, and ensuring safety. Ensures work is performed within budget and ahead of schedule and according to specifications. The Project Manager may also be asked to assist other Project Managers on projects, depending on business needs. This position reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager.
- 7 + years’ experience in project management within the construction field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency in ProCore and Microsoft Project to manage all components of the project.
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of budget setup, management, and tracking.
- Proven track record of proactive approach to problem resolution and issues management.
- Demonstrated relationship skills seen by the Field personnel as a leader in the management of the project and proactively support the Field in the short- and long-term planning/management of the project.
- Proficient in running project-related meetings, including Progress, OAC, and pre- installation meetings.
- Proven consistent track record of leading successful projects/project management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
- The associate is required to be present daily on the jobsite throughout the work week and depending on project location in relation to the associate’s home base, requires the ability to stay overnight throughout the duration of the project.
- Must be able to walk jobsite, climb ladder’s, walk scaffolding.
- The position requires some work in an office environment. However, while performing the day-to-day duties of this job, the associate may work in outside weather conditions. The associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The Project Manager occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposes to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Gains exposure to the pre-construction process by collaborating with ROM and Development team on writing project scopes, initiating project budgets, reviewing required work with subcontractors, and preplanning operational activities with assistance from ROM and Director of Operations.
- Prepares all subcontracts by reviewing and/or writing the scopes of work.
- Proven ability to adhere to quality standards within company requirements & Industry codes and standards to include but not limited to ASHRAE, SMACNA,ASME,ASTM,NFPA,NACE,IBC & NEC.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Project Team, and Subcontractors.
- Communicates regularly with all involved parties regarding project plans, status of the project, upcoming activities, and open issues.
- Leads and/or oversees all aspects of project-related meetings, including Subcontractor Progress meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings, and pre-installation meetings.
- Develops comprehensive schedule from the inception of the project by closely reviewing plans and specifications for required activities. Works with CTS project team and subcontractors to accurately reflect durations and sequence or logic.
- Analyzes project progress and updates interim schedules to reflect progress.
- Proactively manages project schedules with team to ensure projects remains on or ahead of schedule.
- Ensures 2-3 week look ahead schedules are completed.
- Sets up initial budgets by tabulating each required scope of work and inputting into required project management and accounting systems.
- Manages the budget process by updating required work to complete and current budget sections on a regular basis.
- Creates monthly projections and forecasts of earned revenue by working with subcontractors and reporting forecast to the ROM. Regularly reflects accurate upcoming and or projected costs required to successfully complete the project on time.
- Accurately projects work to complete and the relative financial success of the project.
- Proactively initiates the close-out process prior to the completion of the project.
- Provides overall leadership and accountability for all close-out activities associated with the project.
- Ensures that all close-out documents are delivered to the Owner/Architect in a timely manner.
- Ensures all pay applications and retainage billings are submitted in a timely manner.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads plus/delta meeting for associates, clients, and architects.
- Manages risks proactively, with assistance from ROM by prioritizing tasks to mitigate/eliminate risk.
- Looks ahead at potential risks and establishes a plan to eliminate or reduce the potential risk for both budget and schedule.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Time Off.
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions (%).
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Continued Education and Trade Certification Sponsorship (Specific Positions).
- Company Branded Trucks Provided (Specific Positions).
Veregy values diversity and is committed to building a workforce comprised of individuals with different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Veregy, where employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic history, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers individuals to thrive, try new things, and grow together as one Veregy.
Veregy, an Energy Services CompanySpringfield, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.