Technical Writer / Trainer
- $25 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Veredus recently named one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work for in 2012" by Staffing Industry Analysts!
Trainer / Technical Writer
Contract to Perm
$25/hr plus medical benefits
The Trainer/Technical Writer, reporting to the SVP of BD Support, looks after every aspect of corporate training and related services, including but not limited to design and execution of corporate and end user training, employee training, certification and retraining, production of training documentation, system/user documentation and training videos. In addition, the position will require working on proposals and product demonstrations as needed.
The Trainer/Technical Writer will be required to perform product demonstration and therefore will have to acquire products certification. Courts, Justice Solutions and product demonstration experience is a major plus. The employee will need to keep up with product releases and new features, and update the training programs and documentation accordingly. This position demands excellent multitasking abilities and superb oral and written communication skills. Essential qualities to succeed in this include flexibility, creativity, energy, independence, ability to learn quickly, a strong sense of ownership, and commitment to excellence.
Trainer / Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop examination and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct and/or arrange for ongoing product training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected product releases, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop and/or coordinate the release of product training, marketing or release videos.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Review and evaluate training programs for compliance with government standards.
- Maintain office training environment.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by community schools and designate training procedures.
- Prepare training budget, if requested.
- Customer training needs assessments and training plans.
- End user training at customer sites.
- Create, edit, and maintain training/user documents pertaining to software and hardware installations and configuration, user and viewer guides, procedures, service manuals, operation and maintenance guides, reports and brochures.
- Collaborate with programmers, engineers, and/or project management in understanding the user requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
- Maintain strong working relationships with personnel at various geographically dispersed locations to ensure proposal input is accurate, compelling, and timely.
- Continuously develop expertise in the company's products.
- Research and evaluate new documentation tools and methods; document and improve documentation processes.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical users.
- Work on business development assignments.
- Demonstrate company products.
Trainer / Technical Writer Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience;
- Sound understanding of the principles of training and business development;
- 2+ years of experience in training and/or technical writing;
- Demonstrated experience to work on multiple assignments at a time;
- Flexibility to work as needed to meet deadlines ;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe products;
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong command of the English language and grammar/publication styles;
- Ability to rework technical test for a broader audience;
- Experience in working with technical teams to create user manuals/guides/documentation is a MUST;
- Understanding of programming concepts, operating systems and/or networking;
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle Process;
- Creative and innovative;
- Good attention to detail;
- Team player.
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus - DCHerndon, VA View All Veredus - DC Jobs
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.