Wellness Center Assistant
- $18 Hourly
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service with team members and the community.
- Greet community members and class participants in a friendly, professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor the main entrance to control traffic flow in and out of the Wellness Center.
- Maintain and compile an accurate visitor’s log for use of the building by distributing and collecting forms from each instructor/facilitator, controlling the entry and exit of visitors and ensuring that policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist staff and instructors with locking and unlocking of doors, turning on/off lights.
- Provide prompt, efficient and accurate information in response to inquiries and phone calls.
- Maintain and monitor the schedule for meeting rooms in the building.
- Greet and check-in all room users and provide guidance around facility use policies and procedures.
- Ensure that rooms are maintained to Verdant standards.
- Monitor room users to ensure that they set and reset meeting rooms in a timely manner.
- Act as the first point of contact for all room issues, providing a timely response.
- Check out and track the return of AV equipment that is available for meeting room use (conference phone, projector, microphones, etc.).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Part time up to 20 hours per week with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting if room chairs/tables need reconfigured.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and/or work independently as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 6 months prior experience in customer services roles.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when assisting and interacting with the public, including distraught or difficult individuals.
- Ability to work independently and quickly resolve work-related issues.
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- An abiding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with using laptops and projectors
- Strong organizational skills
- Copying documents, assembling packets and other projects as assigned
- Final candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Reliable transportation
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by Friday, August 13, 2021 for optimal consideration.
Verdant has a mission of making a difference in the lives of nearly 200,000 people in the communities of Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway and portions of Bothell and unincorporated Snohomish County. A priority of Verdant’s is to support our residents’ ability to get care, especially for those who are uninsured or low-income.
The key constituents supported by Verdant include: Adults, Children & Youth, Low Income & Uninsured, Seniors and Service Providers with the goals of helping the community to Eat Better, Get Active, Stay Well and Stress Less.
The Verdant Community Wellness Center serves our residents in multiple ways. In addition to housing the staff of Verdant, the building hosts free or low-cost classes, workshops, speakers, and meetings that support the well-being of our community. It also hosts a North Sound 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate who is available to meet one-on-one with community members who need information and referrals to basic need programs.
Verdant Health CommissionLynnwood, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.