Essential Functions: Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operational and technical aspects of multiple small projects or one larger project.
- Reviews and identifies all deliverables across small or medium size projects.
- Ensure profitable and successful execution of work on our projects.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk across multiple projects.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing and billing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
- Integrates financial data for multiple small projects or one medium size project.
- Compares financial data for practice to that of other practices and seeks ways to maximize revenue.
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, and change management across projects.
- Addresses estimated vs. actual variances immediately when they arise.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, and margins across projects.
- Sets expectations upward regarding revenue and profitability projections.
- Enforces all safety policies and rules across all projects under PM’s supervision.
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on sales opportunities with existing clients.
- Achieves revenue goals by oversight of work and monthly cost projections.
- Assists in the identification of future strategic clients.
- Works in conjunction with our sales team to follow up on sales leads.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on new client opportunities.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other departments.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering or architecture or comparable experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PM in building construction as a general contractor.
- Mentor younger employees while maintaining the workload.
- Build long term relationships with strategic partners.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills; both written and oral
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office