Behavior Specialist (School Based, Part-Time & Full-Time)
- Posted: 3 days ago
- $18 to $23 Hourly
Join our team of talented, mission-driven clinicians who are eager to help bring ABA to children and schools that need it the most. With VBA, you’ll help change the future for our students, while gaining invaluable skills and experiences that will fuel your career.
We offer flexible start dates - start immediately or wait until after the Fall Semester/Holiday Season!
$300 sign-on bonus for RBTs, $200 sign-on bonus for all others hired!
We’re hiring for schools throughout Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, and Temecula.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working 1:1 with children with special needs to support the development of their communication, self-help, social, and play skills
- Implementing behavior plans designed by BCBAs, including tailoring techniques and strategies to meet your client’s individual needs and ensure skill acquisition
- Tracking and sharing your client’s progress by collecting behavior data and recording clinical notes
- Attending ongoing development and training designed to strengthen both our team and the ABA services we provide
- Stable Hours & Pay: By working in a school-setting, you’ll have a consistent weekly schedule that you can depend on.
- Flexible Schedules: With both part-time and full-time options, we’ll work with you to create a schedule that meets your needs.
- Full-Time Benefits: Starting at 25 hours per week, benefits include: Paid sick leave and PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, 401(k) savings and investment plan
- Competitive hourly rates: $18.00 - $23.00/hour
- $50 bonus to get your COVID-19 vaccine booster
- Paid training and shadowing, with direct support from BCBAs as you earn your Registered Behavior Technician (RBT®) certification. Non-billable work, including training, is paid at prevailing minimum wage.
- Paid drive time and mileage between client sessions
- Cell phone stipend
- Incentives for referring new talent to VBA
You’ll need to:
- Have a HS diploma or equivalent (some college highly preferred)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- Be open to work at least 3 days weekdays from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Provide proof of COVID-19, MMR, and TDap vaccination
- Take a TB Test & Live Scan background check
Experience working with children and/or disabilities is desirable, but not required! We hire experienced RBTs and those just entering the field. If you’re passionate about helping children learn and committed to developing your skills, we’ll provide you with all the training and guidance you need to start making an impact in the classroom.
Our commitment to you:
We work hard to identify, train, and retain top talent because great Behavior Interventionists are hard to find! We deploy deep vetting to get to know our BIs. No group interviews with us! Once hired, you’ll receive thorough in-person training from our BCBAs in order to master ABA critical skills. We evaluate performance, provide mentoring, and offer professional development to keep the best BIs.
If you are interested in any of the following fields, we encourage you to apply: behavioral health, psychology, behavioral specialist, social services, hiring immediately, behavior technicians, applied behavior analysis, meaningful work, working with kids, working with children, nanny, personal support worker, school, early education, autism, developmental disabilities, counselor, behavior tech, behavior technician, Behavioral Health Technician, ABA therapist, Teacher, Substitute, Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, TA, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, Social Learning, Social Skills, Social Sciences, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theater Studies, Camp Counselor, Hospice care, Respite Care, Youth Program Coordinator, Caregiver, Preschool Teacher, Babysitting, Coach, Teacher Assistant, Teacher's aide, Mental Health Specialist, Sociology, Behavior Therapist, Direct Support Professionals, Childcare, Behavior Analyst, Verbal Behavior Associates
Verbal Behavior Associates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Requirements:
Verbal Behavior Associates
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?