Sanitation Specialist - Jessup, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sanitation Associate is responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of the building and carrying out sanitation, stocking, and cleaning duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and supply designated building areas, including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning ceiling vents and restrooms.
- Perform and document routine inspection activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Support harvest in sanitation of gardens as needed.
- Utilize various machines and sanitation equipment such as sprayers, power mops, steam cleaners, etc.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or repair needs.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Must be able to operate and maintain heavy equipment and machinery in a safe manner.
- Comfortable with heights, soil and water, and tight spaces.
- Able to climb, squat, bend, twist, stand for at least 8 hours per day, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state's cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in janitorial, custodial, and/or maintenance fields preferred.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) knowledge preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Able to stand for 90% of the time. Comfortable with heights, occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights, filters, trellis netting and ceiling fans up to 25ft. Comfortable working atop and traversing scaffolding, when required. Comfortable with changing environment temperatures and humidity. Exposure to cleaning products/chemicals such as bleach, detergents, abrasives, degreasers, acid cleaners, alkalis, Organic Solvents and Other cleaning agents. Exposure to pollen, dust, dander, and other nature elements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Verano
Get fresh Sanitation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.