- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Production Specialist provides on-site support to the production areas within a cannabis cultivation facility. As a Production Specialist, you are responsible for supporting the manufacturing of cannabis infused edibles and assembling and packaging products for distribution. Production Specialists may be cross-trained and asked to support other departments occasionally to meet business needs, including but not limited to the processing of dry cannabis flower. This full time entry level role starts at $15.00/hr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Precisely and efficiently measure and weigh ingredients using recipe specifications.
- Safely operate commercial kitchen equipment to mix, melt, pour, and bake raw ingredients.
- Receive food items and ensure appropriate storage.
- Make sure that all food items are stored and rotated properly using first in first out (FIFO) methods.
- Collect samples as needed to quality testing.
- Weigh, assemble, package, seal, and label products.
- Regularly clean and sterilize equipment and workspace.
- Monitor and maintain quality control measures in accordance with state and local laws.
- Adhere to company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the facility and production areas.
- Immediately inform Production Manager of any system discrepancies.
- Ensure all products are of high quality and visually aesthetic, reporting concerns to management for remediation.
- Prepare finished and packaged products for distribution.
- Document and update product information and labeling using company's seed to sale system.
- Provide support to additional cultivation, harvest, and production teams as needed to achieve facility production goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) year experience in a general production facility or kitchen.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to learn about, operate, and maintain facility equipment in a safe manner.
- Able to follow recipe specifications.
- Must have effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for at least 8 hours per day, lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state's cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a regulated production facility (food, beverage, CPG, etc.) preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Able to stand for 90% of the time. Comfortable with heights, occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights, filters, trellis netting and ceiling fans up to 25ft. Comfortable working atop and traversing scaffolding, when required. Comfortable with changing environment temperatures and humidity. Exposure to pollen, dust, dander, and other nature elements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Verano
Get fresh Product Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.