- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Packaging Specialist provides on-site support assembling and packaging products manufactured within a cannabis cultivation facility. As a Packaging Specialist, you are responsible accurately weighing, packing, and labeling cannabis flower, infused edibles, and cannabis extracts for shipment to retail dispensaries. The Packaging Specialist is responsible for assembling and packaging products manufactured by the cultivation and processing facility. This entry-level role is a full-time, permanent position paying at $15.00/hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weigh, assemble, package, seal, and label products.
- Safely operate packaging equipment, such as flow wrap, labeling, and heat-sealing machines.
- Collect samples for QA as needed for quality testing.
- Transport completed products from the packaging workspace to the vault.
- Manage, document, and destroy cultivation waste.
- Monitor and maintain quality control measures in accordance with state and local laws.
- Adhere to company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the facility and production areas.
- Immediately inform Packaging Manager of any system discrepancies.
- Document all activity using company's track and trace system.
- Inspect finished goods and processed flower for irregularities (mold, defects, and imperfections) and inform management and QA.
- Work within company continuous improvement system and strive to increase productivity.
- Regularly clean and sanitize packaging equipment, tools, and work areas.
- Provide support to additional cultivation, harvest, and production teams as needed to achieve facility production goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to learn about, operate, and maintain facility equipment in a safe manner.
- Must have effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for at least 8 hours per day, lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state's cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a regulated production facility (food, beverage, CPG, etc.) preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Able to stand for 90% of the time. Comfortable with heights, occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights, filters, trellis netting and ceiling fans up to 25ft. Comfortable working atop and traversing scaffolding, when required. Comfortable with changing environment temperatures and humidity. Exposure to pollen, dust, dander, and other nature elements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Verano
Get fresh Packaging Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!