Due to our success and continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Program Management to join the Veracyte team. This highly visible position will play a key role in leading the coordinated management of multiple new diagnostic product development projects and business processes as well as leading multiple cross-functional Core Teams simultaneously. The successful incumbent will ensure organization-wide integration of consistent project management methodologies, terminology, and metrics.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Lead new project initiation through the Product Strategy Process with responsibility for stakeholder management including Core Team Members, Executives, and other major stakeholders to translate the strategic plan and corporate goals into Project team objectives and milestones.
· Lead Project Teams from product concept to product launch including all related analyses, communication and administrative tasks. Perform project analysis such as preparing and publishing monthly project dashboards. Provide direction and coordination of activities to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and within the project budget.
· Facilitate/lead all core team meetings, executive level meetings and sub-team meetings; guiding the team regarding prioritization of activities, business, quality and regulatory risks/considerations and conformance to the Business Planning, Product Development and Design Control process.
· Manage resources and prioritization at the program level. Monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of multiple projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the projects and the overall program.
· Lead Sustaining Project Team(s).
· Manage and mentor a Project Analyst.
Who You Are:
You hold an advanced degree and have at least five years of experience within the applicable field, preferably Biological or Chemical Sciences, Quality Assurance, Regulatory or Clinical Affairs. Ideally you have a certification in project management as well.
You have participated on the cross-functional development team for at least three products of which at least two have been successfully commercialized.
Your previous work experience ideally includes five years in an IVD setting with a focus on molecular testing a plus and five years of experience in product development according to design controls. You have the necessary IVD Regulatory and Quality Systems experience to guide Diagnostic Test Development to meet FDA IVD and GMP standards yet could tailor programs to less stringent CLIA standards, as timelines and priorities dictate.
Previous stakeholders attest to your ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, identify areas for escalations and establish professional relationships to encourage and foster cross-functional discussions which help achieve the company’s goals.
You’ve demonstrated the ability to analyze data and create tables, graphs and figures utilizing MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project to create project plans and timelines and to communicate ideas and project results both orally and in writing with a high degree of clarity and accuracy, including project dashboards, slide presentations, documentation deliverables and oral presentations.
We would like you to share our commitment to teamwork and collaboration and be excited by the challenges of applying your expertise to an important, emerging area in diagnostics.