The Veracyte Clinical Laboratory continues to grow! We are seeking a new Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) to perform cutting-edge diagnostic testing on patient specimens in our collaborative, high-energy work environment. S/he will accurately perform molecular genetic testing, using a variety of molecular biological techniques including expression microarray analysis. Other key aspects of the role include:
- Conduct daily quantitative and qualitative assessment of molecular data generated during the course of testing
- Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the company’s Quality program and commitment to patient safety
- Participate in a variety of other essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualification, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, test validation, and equipment maintenance
- Contribute to our learning environment through ongoing training and development
- The CLS team members work a 4-day, 10-hour work schedule, rotating Saturday coverage
Who You Are
You hold a CA CLS license and have a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in biological sciences or medical technology, with at least 1 year of experience in molecular diagnostic testing. Ideally, you will hold a certificate in clinical genetics/molecular biology (CLS-MB or CGMBS). Experience with microarray platforms, cDNA amplification, and/or RNA isolation is preferred. You enjoy contributing to a team outside of the lab in the form of special projects. At Veracyte, our team members have individual projects outside of the daily operations aligned with building leadership skills on topics of their interest. We would like you to share our commitment to teamwork and collaboration and be excited by the challenges of applying your expertise to an important, emerging area in molecular diagnostics.
What We Can Offer You
Veracyte is a growing company that offers significant career opportunities if you are curious, driven, patient-oriented and aspire to help us build a great company. We work collaboratively, offering you the opportunity to constantly learn from your colleagues – even those outside of your area of expertise. Here at Veracyte, we find fun, little ways to make it a great place to work – participate in our annual Halloween costume contest, treat yourself to free coffee or the endless supply of PB&J sandwiches, and toast with colleagues as we celebrate milestones. We also offer conveniences such as an on-site workout room and free shuttle service from both BART and CalTrain. We are a company with a heart and believe in positively impacting the world beyond our doors by providing our product to those who cannot afford it through a financial assistance program. Veracyte seeks the best employees and works to create an environment where they can thrive, expand their knowledge and contribute at the highest level.