We are looking for a Senior Accountant - Team Lead to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company.
Watch a short 1 min video about this position here: https://youtu.be/awGsDS4Axyo
We are looking for the leader of our first accounting team, that works together to support a variety of small businesses. As Team Lead, you will oversee up to 10 people that is made up of payroll, A/P, A/R Specialists as well as staff accountants and bookkeepers. You will coach and mentor those on your team and also be a trusted advisory to business owners and CFOs, who outsources their back-office accounting functions to us.
Our value is the upmost level of customer service to our clients, while providing them an efficient and effective team and a well-laid out process to support their accounting activities. Our services allow companies to tap into the power of a robust accounting department with streamlined processes that can adapt to the quick growth and change that small businesses between $1-30MM will surely experience.
Those who have thrived in our company really enjoys supporting multiple companies of different sizes and industries, measures how well their day went not by the # of tasks they were able to check off their to-do list, but what problems they help solve which were meaningful to their customers, looks forward to learning new software and new ways to do things, and looks forward to a different day at work each and every day.
We are deeply invested in the well-being and happiness of our employees, and expect that our Team Lead can embody as well as motivate our staff-centric culture.
- Oversight of all technical accounting and execution of processes, including financial statement reviews
- Monitor processes and provide advice and recommendation to executive team re: improvement of core processes.
- Identify value added services to propose to customer, help implement new services as needed.
- Manage staff workflow, scheduling and assignments to ensure timely and high-quality completion of client deliverable
- Ensuring the integrity and overall quality of the service provided to clients
- Facilitate the completion of tasks and projects, as needed.
- Act as primary POC for staff re: technical and execution issues
- Develop, mentor, and coach staff, including completing staff evaluation processes
- Act as backup for Account Manager as needed
Excellent Customer Service
Strong Work Ethics
Excellent Communicator (Verbal & Written)
- 5 or more years of public accounting experience
- 2 or more years experience in leading a team
- Familiar or Proficient with QuickBooks Desktop
- Familiar or Proficient with QuickBooks Online
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Flexible Work Remote schedule
Paid Time Off
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter.
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- What kind of impact do you want to make on small businesses?
Any resumes submitted without cover letters or cover letters which do not include the requested information will be discarded.
If selected, we will contact you directly to schedule an interview within 5 business days after your submission.