Vera Whole Health is transforming healthcare. For insurers and employers alike, Vera helps take control of perpetually rising healthcare costs. Vera's behavior change model via onsite primary care clinics improves health and productivity, reducing claims and overall cost of care by as much as 25% in the first year.
Vera's model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement, managed care and organizational culture change, which combine to drive down utilization of costly services like ER, inpatient/outpatient visits, specialty services, labs and prescriptions, and transform the overall health of the organization.
Vera is the first plan-sponsored health center in the United States to earn a Certificate of Validation by the Care Innovations Validation Institute. This endorsement substantiates Vera's claims that its approach reduces overall healthcare spending for employers, justifies Vera's 100 percent money-back guarantee, and recognizes Vera for its sound population health cost outcomes.
The Whole Health Coach is an integrated member of the clinical care team and works collaboratively with diverse patient populations to engage them in their health and well-being. The coach co-creates individualized action plans with each patient to support them in achieving their personal health goals. They are responsible for facilitating the end-to-end process of coaching for both individuals and groups, in-person and/or over the phone.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
Individual Health Coaching
- Provide tailored one-on-one health coaching to individuals around their stated health goals, both in-person and telephonically.
- Co-create action plans and SMART goals to meet patient's stated health goals.
- Monitor the patient's progress related to their established goals and provide accountability.
- Understand the patient's health conditions related to the coaching engagement, leveraging expertise from the clinical care team as needed.
- Successfully complete coaching sessions within established timeframes.
- Provide patients with community resources or information about their employee benefit plan as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all patient encounters in NextGen EMR.
- Outreach calls, including follow-up on Health Assessment results and patient engagement.
Outreach and Health Promotion
- Manage a patient caseload
- Participate in scheduled outreach endeavors such as biometric screening events, employee health fairs, lunch and learns, and on-site coaching.
- Facilitate group coaching programs to increase engagement with patient population.
- Continually work with clinic team to gather community resources available to serve the needs of the clinic population.
Clinical Care Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with the clinical care team and patient to determine the appropriate number of coaching sessions required to meet their goals.
- Collaborate with the clinical care team to better understand the patient's whole health.
- Act as a leader on the clinical care team in the areas of coaching and behavior change.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and huddle(s)
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans
- Report to appropriate authority figures in cases of abuse, neglect, or imminent danger.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Participate in medical site's efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Works with their clients according to ICF Code of Ethics and Vera Whole Health Coach Scope of Practice.
- Crosstrain in other clinic workflows, such as answering phones, scheduling, greeting patients and checking in patients for appointments to support team and clinic flow
- Must be able to commute to onsite events as needed
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change.
- Experience working in EMR systems preferred, Nextgen a plus.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred.
- 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Training in coaching competencies, theories and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Transtheoretical Model, Appreciative Inquiry and Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Practiced understanding of the differences between coaching and health education.
- ICF or ICHWC credential within the first 18 months of employment.
- Documentation of Hep B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current CPR certification or be CPR certified within 60 days of hire.
- Vera will accept evidence of CPR training/certification if the candidate can provide documentation within 60 days of hire date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization within 7 days of hire
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills and ability to manage time effectively during 30-minute coaching sessions and between sessions.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships. throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to connect and empathize with a wide range of diverse populations.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Strong group facilitation skills a plus.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges.
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request. NMHP