Vera Whole Health is transforming healthcare. For insurers and employers alike, Vera helps take control of perpetually rising healthcare costs. Vera's behavior change model via onsite primary care clinics improves health and productivity, reducing claims and overall cost of care by as much as 25% in the first year.
Vera's model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement, managed care and organizational culture change, which combine to drive down utilization of costly services like ER, inpatient/outpatient visits, specialty services, labs and prescriptions, and transform the overall health of the organization.
Vera is the first plan-sponsored health center in the United States to earn a Certificate of Validation by the Care Innovations Validation Institute. This endorsement substantiates Vera's claims that its approach reduces overall healthcare spending for employers, justifies Vera's 100 percent money-back guarantee, and recognizes Vera for its sound population health cost outcomes.
Vera Whole Health seeks an exceptional payroll professional to join the Finance and Accounting Department as the Payroll Manager to support our Senior Director of Finance. This individual will have the technical knowledge to provide guidance and assistance to team members to execute the day to day payroll processes as Vera continues to grow and expand. Partnering with Vera team members across multiple departments and being asked to provide your payroll savvy in support of highly detailed and complex challenges are just a few of the responsibilities you'd experience in this role. The right candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while focusing on accuracy, efficiency and has working experience with researching complex payroll tax laws for new states that are added as Vera scales its operations significantly over the next 3-4 years. The ideal candidate will serve as the payroll and benefits expert, working closely with the Finance, Accounting, and People Strategy teams, and developing and improving processes for the payroll function. This is a newly created position and will have the responsibility of building the payroll team and systems as Vera grows in the coming years. Currently, this position will supervise one payroll administrator.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Oversee and supervise the entire payroll and timekeeping process including reviewing, validating and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting and records
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve payroll and timekeeping issues to ensure compliance with governmental and corporate policy
- Oversee the maintenance of employee records to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in compliance with local, state, federal and ACA laws
- Administration of the 401(k) plan and matching process
- Experience with managing annual 401(k) 5500 Benefit audits is a plus
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Researching new payroll regulations and ensuring the necessary steps are taken to implement changes across the organization
- Assist in the reconciliation of payroll accounts
- Critically reviewing and analyzing current payroll and related tax processes to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and perform additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of overall payroll experience with payroll processing, preferably with ADP or another cloud platform software system
- 3+ years of previous payroll management or supervisory experience in a rapidly growing corporate environment
- Certified Payroll Professional, Fundamental Payroll Certification, or equivalent certification is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Highly organized
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a great deal of ambiguity and constant change
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.