ThePSRis the firsttouchpointof the organization when patients call the clinic or visit the clinic in person. The PSR is a crucial link between the patient and the clinical care team. Patient care and services are the key priorities in this position requiring the PSR to serve as a liaison with and between other internal and external departments with the goal of fostering an environment that promotes patient comfort and trust.
This is a temporary position for a leave of absence.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the clinic in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and directs patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Maintains great customer serviceat all timesand resolves conflict and issues at time they occur
- Schedules appointments for patients and updates any patient information in the EMR as needed.
- Makes daily outreach (Phone, email, mail, etc.) to remind patients of next day appointmentsand proactive outreach as directed by clinic leadership
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties
- Answers numerous phone calls while embedding the Urgent/Emergent protocols and using a multi-line system while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Contacts insurance companies or other associated companies as needed for patient care. Verifies patient eligibility for clinical services and insurance, collects patient copay when appropriate.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and huddles.Collaborates in developing team priorities.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient concerns and refers patient to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Adheres to all clinical policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients.
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with clinical policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Manages office supplies while being fiscallyresponsible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via telephone and in-person to serve the needs of patients/clients/visitors in an efficient and productive manner.
- Additional language abilitiesarepreferred.
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree or higher is preferred.
- 1-2 years experience working in a customer service setting, medical office preferred.
- Answering multiple phone line system in highly confidential environment.
- Computer proficient (MS Office Suite and EMR) with the ability to type a minimum of 45 WPM.
- Documentation ofHepB vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current CPR certification or be CPR certified within 7 days of hire.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization within 7 days of hire
- Exceptional interpersonal customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mustdemonstratecultural sensitivity andtheability to work with diverse people groups.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and accommodate the changing needs of the clinic.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment toThe Vera Way by practicing its key componentsof mindfulness, continuous learning,a coach approach, innovation,adaptability andresiliencewith all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges.
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org let us know the nature of your request.