Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Take vital signs, record inelectronicmedical record and perform systems review, perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests.
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests, treatment and therapeutic measures and observe and record patient reactions.
- Perform phlebotomy,prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Active in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider.
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management programs as needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testingand referrals.
- Outreach to patients and specialists to help coordinate referrals, care gap closures, release of records, and overall care.
- Manage patient care flow.Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.,at times working at the front desk when needed.
- Perform inventory of clinic supplies and dispensary, order and stock clinic supply as needed.
- Where necessary to be the external facing representative for the clinic (Telephone,schedule appointments,Patient Registration, etc.).
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Accuratelyperform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical history according to Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles. Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Work with clinic team to meetclientperformance targetsand metricsfor clinic services.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- Previous experience of documenting in electronic medical recordrequired.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- In the state of WALicensed Medical Assistant Certification required, AAMA (preferred),
- Phlebotomy certified within 90 days of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Minimum 2 years experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation ofHepatitisB vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment toThe Vera Way by practicing its key componentsof mindfulness, continuous learning,a coach approach, innovation,adaptability andresiliencewith all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignmentsin a busy clinic environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.#ZR
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please visit our website and let us know the nature of your request.