The vision of Vera Whole Health is to create a health revolution by enlivening people, invigorating companies, and transforming healthcare. Vera Whole Health ensures that the right people get the right care at the right time, which means patients are healthier, happier and more productive. Vera Whole Health is a market leading healthcare company that provides primary care, population health management, and behavior coaching to employees via employer-funded on- or near-site clinics. By addressing the needs of both the individual and the organization, Vera dramatically improves employee health and significantly reduces costs.
Come join our health revolution.
The MA is responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical providers. The MA provides support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical support, and front office duties and promotes health and wellness. The MA ensures the clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic providers.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Take vital signs, record in medical record and perform systems review.
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests.
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Active in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider.
- Respond to emergencies when needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testing.
- Where necessary to be the external facing representative for the clinic (Telephone, Patient Registration, etc.).
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or clinics; punctuality.
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Meets Satisfaction selected performance targets for clinic services.
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical history according to Policies and Procedures.
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in medical sites efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on Monday-Saturday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record data.
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Must have recent phlebotomy experience.
- Graduate of a medical assisting program.
- Minimum 2 years experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation ofHepatitisB vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please visit our website and let us know the nature of your request.