TheMAis responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical providers. TheMAprovides support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical support,and frontoffice duties and promotes health and wellness. TheMAensures the clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic providers.
This position is eligible for a $2500 Sign On Bonus.
Vera Whole Health is transforming healthcare. For insurers and employers alike, Vera helps take control of perpetually rising healthcare costs. Veras behavior change model via onsite primary care clinics improves health and productivity, reducing claims and overall cost of care by as much as 25% in the first year.
Veras model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement, managed care and organizational culture change, which combine to drive down utilization of costly services like ER, inpatient/outpatient visits, specialty services, labs and prescriptions, and transform the overall health of the organization.
Vera is the first plan-sponsored health center in the United States to earn a Certificate of Validation by the Care InnovationsValidation Institute. This endorsement substantiates Veras claims that its approach reduces overall healthcare spending for employers, justifies Veras 100 percent money-back guarantee, and recognizes Vera for its sound population health cost outcomes.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Take vital signs, record inelectronicmedical record and perform systems review, perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests.
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests, treatment and therapeutic measures and observe and record patient reactions.
- Perform phlebotomy,prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Active in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider.
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management programs as needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testingand referrals.
- Outreach to patients and specialists to help coordinate referrals, care gap closures, release of records, and overall care.
- Manage patient care flow.Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.,at times working at the front desk when needed.
- Perform inventory of clinic supplies and dispensary, order and stock clinic supply as needed.
- Where necessary to be the external facing representative for the clinic (Telephone,schedule appointments,Patient Registration, etc.).
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Accuratelyperform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical history according to Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles. Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Work with clinic team to meetclientperformance targetsand metricsfor clinic services.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- Previous experience of documenting in electronic medical recordrequired.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- In the state of WALicensed Medical Assistant Certification required, AAMA (preferred),
- Phlebotomy certified within 90 days of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program and/or CMA or RMA active certification.
- Minimum 2 years experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation ofHepatitisB vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment toThe Vera Way by practicing its key componentsof mindfulness, continuous learning,a coach approach, innovation,adaptability andresiliencewith all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignmentsin a busy clinic environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.WDHP
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please visit our website and let us know the nature of your request.