Vera Whole Health is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses to join our Olathe clinic!
The LPN is responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical providers. The LPN provides support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical support, front office duties and promotes health and wellness. The LPN ensures the clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic providers.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Take vital signs, record in medical record and perform systems review.
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests, treatment and therapeutic measures and observe and record patient reactions.
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Active in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider.
- Medication reconciliation and education per Vera policies and procedures.
- Participate in chronic disease care management program.
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management programs as needed.
- Respond to emergencies when needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testing.
- Where necessary to be the external facing representative for the clinic (Telephone, Patient Registration, etc.).
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or clinics; punctuality.
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Meets Satisfaction selected performance targets for clinic services.
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical history according to Policies and Procedures.
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in medical site’s efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Collaborate in developing team priorities, patient goals and care plans.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on Monday-Saturday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record data.
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduated from an accredited school or practical nursing program.
- Current state Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record system is required.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds. WDHP
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request. #ZR