The vision of Vera Whole Health is to create a health revolution by enlivening people, invigorating companies, and transforming healthcare. Vera Whole Health ensures that the right people get the right care at the right time, which means patients are healthier, happier and more productive. Vera Whole Health is a market leading healthcare company that provides primary care, population health management, and behavior coaching to employees via employer-funded on- or near-site clinics. By addressing the needs of both the individual and the organization, Vera dramatically improves employee health and significantly reduces costs.
Come join our health revolution.
The Whole Health Coach is an integrated member of the clinical care team and works collaboratively with diverse patient populations to engage them in their health and well-being. The coach co-creates individualized action plans with each patient to support them in achieving their personal health goals. They are responsible for facilitating the end-to-end process of coaching for both individuals and groups, in-person, and/or over the phone.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions
Individual Health Coaching
- Provide tailored one-on-one health coaching to individuals around their stated health goals, both in-person and telephonically.
- Co-create action plans and SMART goals to meet the patient’s stated health goals.
- Monitor the patient’s progress related to their established goals and provide accountability.
- Conduct coaching sessions within a 30-minute time-frame.
- Support patient’s in completing goals within established coaching term.
- Understand the patient's health conditions related to the coaching engagement, leveraging expertise from the clinical care team as needed.
- Provide patients with community resources or information about their employee benefit plan as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all patient encounters in EMR.
- Outreach calls, including follow-up on patient engagement.
Outreach and Health Promotion
- Manage a patient caseload
- Participate in scheduled outreach endeavors such as biometric screening events, employee health fairs, workshops, and on-site coaching.
- Facilitate group health coaching programs to increase engagement with the patient population.
- Continually work with the clinic team to gather community resources available to serve the needs of the clinic population.
Clinical Care Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with the clinical care team and patient to determine the appropriate number of coaching sessions required to meet their goals.
- Collaborate with the clinical care team to better understand the patient’s whole health.
- Act as a leader in the clinical care team in the areas of coaching and behavior change.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and huddle(s)
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans
- Report to appropriate authority figures in cases of abuse, neglect, or imminent danger.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Participate in medical site’s efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Works with their clients according to the NBHWC Code of Ethics and Vera Whole Health Coach Scope of Practice.
- Cross-train in other clinic workflows, such as but not limited to answering phones, scheduling, greeting patients and checking in patients for appointments to support team and clinic flow
- Must be able to commute to onsite events as needed
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change.
- Experience working in EMR systems preferred, Nextgen a plus.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred.
- 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Training in coaching competencies, theories, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Transtheoretical Model, Appreciative Inquiry, and Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Practiced understanding of the differences between coaching, health education, and behavioral health.
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) within the first 18 months of employment.
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before the start date.
- We require CPR certification (BLS) pre-hire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability, and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills and ability to manage time effectively during 30-minute coaching sessions and between sessions.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships. throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to connect and empathize with a wide range of diverse populations.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Strong group facilitation skills a plus.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges.
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request. #ZR