Vera Whole Health seeks an experienced Provider who sets the standard of excellence as a clinical services leader within one of our primary-care clinics. Veras mission and clinical model were created to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first, develop the patient-provider relationship, and use empathetic listening to empower patients to actively participate in their own wellness goals.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Provides evidence-based medical care while meeting the needs of the patient and respecting their diverse backgrounds.
- Assesses the needs of the population they serve and works with team members to develop plan of care to meet the needs of this patient population.
- Assures comprehensive care in alignment with the Vera Medical Home model including collection of comprehensive health history, performing appropriate physical examinations, performing, ordering and analyzing diagnostic tests. With the care team develops and implements a biopsychosocial plan of care, including appropriate disease management, case management, wellness and prevention coaching.
- Collaborates with Quality Improvement Committee to manage the clinic Quality Improvement program.
- Manages 10-15 patients per day by providing primary care medical services to patients including preventive, chronic, and acute care.
- Serve as part of the after-hours on-call team in rotation with other Providers in the region.
- Acts as a clinical leader of a care team including actively supporting change management.
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals and care plans through team meetings, huddles and just in time communication.
- In collaboration with clinic manager, participates in, process improvement, quality assurance, and ongoing development of the team-based approach.
- Promotes health and wellness for patients through the coordination of health coaching, health risk assessment and other health promotion activities. Provides tailored counseling and effective motivational interviewing through establishing appropriate goals and action plans.
- Conform to the requirements and expectations of the client contract.
- Participates in non-clinical organizational activities and committees (e.g. weekly provider meetings, clinical advisory committee, quality improvement committee, etc.).
- Achieves target objectives to meet company and client requirements by improving the health status of the eligible population and meets established benchmarks for clinical outcomes, engagement & patient and client satisfaction.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- 2 years direct patient care with case management emphasizing wellness and health promotion and population health management
- 2 years computer skills, including EMR experience required
- Team based Care experience
- Documentation ofHepB vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current CPR certification.
- Board Certified MD or DO, with family medicine or internal medicine background; Family Medicine preferred.
- 3-5 years of primary care experience.
- Current, valid and unrestricted medical license and valid DEA number.
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment toThe Vera Way, practice key componentsof mindfulness, continuous learning,a coach approach, innovation,adaptability andresiliencewith all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization - Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change.
- Ability to champion quality throughout the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.