Vera Whole Health is looking for a PRN MA or LPN to join our Pocatello clinic.
The Medical Assistant or LPN is responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical providers. The MA/LPN provides support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical support, and front office duties and promotes health and wellness. The MA/LPN ensures the clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic providers.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or clinics; punctuality.
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Meets Satisfaction selected performance targets for clinic services.
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical history according to Policies and Procedures.
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in medical site’s efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on Monday-Saturday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record data.
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- PPD: prove step one pre-hire, step two /chest exam prior to going into the clinic
- MMR: we require pre-hire moving forward
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Must have recent phlebotomy experience.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record system is required.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds. WDLP
Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please visit our website and let us know the nature of your request.