Vera French Community Mental Health Center Davenport, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? Vera French is looking for compassionate, dedicated people who want to empower youth and families by created strengths-based behavior change that will sustain long after treatment ends in Davenport.
You'll be working with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) treatment model with fidelity. MST therapists do whatever it takes, through close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses or at-risk behavior that create a risk of out of home placement, who also are possibly abusing substances. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12-17 make life-transforming changes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the MST treatment model and principles (leveraging strengths and focusing on the positive, understanding sequences of behavior, and increasing mature behavior).
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family by gathering information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and their ecology and developing a conceptualization of the problem behaviors and interactions within the family's ecological context.
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff in change-oriented treatment.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model.
- Assure, along with fellow clinicians, that clients have access to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week support as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum of a Master's degree Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field required
- Clinically licensed in the State of Iowa
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies
- Previous experience working with at-risk youth and their families
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule based on families' availability
WHO YOU ARE:
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
Share Our Values:We are united by our shared values of community service, compassion, empowerment, respect, resourcefulness and professionalism.
Make an Impact:Our mission is to enhance the mental health of all in our community by providing quality, accessible and comprehensive care.
Learn and Grow:Vera French offers various in-house training opportunities CPR, Medication Management and other trainings through our learning management system. To encourage our staff to continue their education, Vera French also offers a Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Repayment program for all employees after one year of employment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Group Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance
- MetLife dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life Insurance, AD&D, LTD through MetLife
- Supplemental life insurance, short term disability available
- 401(k) with employer contribution & matching
- Employer contribution 3% of annual salary, vested day one
- Employer matching 25% of every dollar put in by the employee, up to 6%
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Repayment Program
- Every employee (full-time or part-time) is eligible after one year of service
- Supplemental Critical Illness and Accident Coverage through MetLife
- Paid time off
- Nine paid holidays per year
- Nine paid sick days per year accrued on a payroll basis
- 2 weeks of vacation accrued on a payroll basis