JOIN OUR TEAM!
As a part of our clerical support team, the Clinical Transcriptionist is responsible for the transcription of the prescribing physicians dictation and maintaining the transcription log. The Clinical Transcriptionist works directly with our Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioners. This position is on-site at our Center location in Davenport, IA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Timely, accurately and efficiently transcribe clinical dictation, including evaluations, letters, group notes, etc., including treatments and diagnoses in a document or computerized database
- Maintain data transcription log.
- Communicate effectively with Providers regarding dictation notes, issues, questions, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Training from an accredited medical transcription school preferred
- Previous medical office experience with excellent knowledge of medical terminology and psychiatric drugs required.
- Minimum of 65 wpm typing/date entry speed required.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation skills.
- Must be able to work accurately and be detail oriented
WHO YOU ARE:
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Persistent. Although it may take a while to achieve a goal, you do not give up.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
Share Our Values:We are united by our shared values of community service, compassion, empowerment, respect, resourcefulness and professionalism.
Make an Impact:Our mission is to enhance the mental health of all in our community by providing quality, accessible and comprehensive care.
Learn and Grow:Vera French offers various in-house training opportunities CPR, Medication Management and other trainings through our learning management system. To encourage our staff to continue their education, Vera French also offers a Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Repayment program for all employees after one year of employment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Group Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance
- MetLife dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life Insurance, AD&D, LTD through MetLife
- Supplemental life insurance, short term disability available
- 401(k) with employer contribution & matching
- Employer contribution 3% of annual salary, vested day one
- Employer matching 25% of every dollar put in by the employee, up to 6%
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Repayment Program
- Every employee (full-time or part-time) is eligible after one year of service
- Supplemental Critical Illness and Accident Coverage through MetLife
- Paid time off
- Nine paid holidays per year
- Nine paid sick days per year accrued on a payroll basis
- 2 weeks of vacation accrued on a payroll basis
Vera French Community Mental Health Center