JOIN OUR TEAM!
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
As a part of our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team, you will go into the community to meet with our clients. Each day brings new challenges and opportunities to learn more about mental health.
The ACT Registered Nurse will assist and support individuals who are served in the development of skills, behaviors, responsibilities and supports. These are needed to live, learn, work, and be integrated into the community with the greatest possible degree of self-determination and independence. The ACT Registered Nurse will also provide nursing services including administration and monitoring of medication, nursing assessments and interventions.
Additional duties include:
- Deliver nursing services, case management services, and supportive counseling to the individuals served
- Provide medication monitoring, medication administration, and medication education
- Review laboratory values and report to team prescriber
- Evaluate physical health and make appropriate referrals to community physicians
- Facilitate training of independent living skills, establish access to community services and agencies, assist individuals in establishing support networks in the community and assess individual needs on a daily basis
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Iowa
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred; ability to synthesize and summarize information and make judgements regarding patient care
- A valid driver's license with a driving record that will allow insurability
- Certification by ANCC as a Generalist in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing is desired
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of Nursing, plus a minimum of six months recent psychiatric nursing experience required
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefit package along with training and career growth opportunities. Watch the video below to learn more about Vera French in 30 seconds!
- Working for a company that values quality, accessible and comprehensive care for the community.
- This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus!
- The benefits:
- Group Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD
- 401(k) with employer contribution & matching
- Tuition & Loan Repayment Program
- Holiday/Vacation/Sick Time
- Opportunities for CEUs