Regional Driver ( CDL Class B or C )
- Posted: over a month ago
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 48 million metric tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) generated consolidated revenue of €28.508 billion in 2021. www.veolia.com
Regional Driver (Box Truck) position for someone who has a CDL Class B or C with a Hazmat endorsement.
Responsible for safely transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials from the customer site to the appropriate designated sites using van trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tankers, roll-off frames, or other waste carrying equipment. Ensures that the condition of the material packaging meets the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) specifications, inspects manifests and shipping paperwork for accuracy, and maintains current transportation permits for all areas traveled. Abides by all regulations set forth by DOT, EPA, state and local governments, and VES-TS policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment.
· Perform daily inspections of vehicle and/or trailer prior to driving to ensure safety and integrity of equipment going to designated sites.
· Prior to transporting materials reviews shipment records, manifests, container labeling, vehicle placards, and integrity of loaded drums, roll-off boxes or bulk tankers.
· Ensure that DOT requirements such as load weight limits, driver log books, Vehicle Inspection Records, transportation permits, insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other paperwork is up to date and valid.
· Consults with customers pertaining to load conditions, drum counts or paperwork inconsistencies to ensure that materials can be properly transported to designated site(s).
· Notify immediate supervisor of any moving violations and/or accidents in-route to and/or from sites.Qualifications
· High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
· Prior commercial driving experience required
· Valid Class B, or C Commercial Driving License (CDL) as required
· Hazmat (H) endorsement as required
· 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Familiarity with U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations pertaining to the transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Veolia
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?