Project Manager - Metering Services
- Posted: over a month ago
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.comJob Description
The Project Manager is the main point of customer contact for all metering projects from order receipt to final project close/payment. The Project Manager will interact with contractors, suppliers, utility personnel, end-users, and internally with Sales/operations, engineering, customer service, and our finance.
Project management of the UR portion of the Metering Maintenance Program (MMP) implementation. Oversee all aspects of the MMP deployment including Project assessment, IT Integration, Meter and endpoint deployment, Network design and installation and customer communications.
The Project Manager will be responsible to track and maintain revenue and profitability, reputation, risk management, and customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will require strong leadership and influential skills in collaborating with a variety of functional roles across the organization.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Veolia’s Metering Services
- Drive a highly responsive culture to both internal and external customers to provide timely and accurate information
- Act as main point of contact for our customers (contractor, suppliers, end-user) throughout life of project from booked purchase order through final customer sign-off.
- Review project documentation (contract, proposal, cost sheets), identify and manage project contractual and/or scope risks and opportunities (terms, margin, schedule, etc.). Negotiate change order amounts and terms.
- Create project master schedule (i.e., Gantt chart) for all deliverables with customer and agreed to communication protocol, expected turnaround time on deliverables (in writing), and critical success factors on project
- Effectively communicate internally with operations, finance and sales teams, etc., to ensure all departments are aligned and agree to project deliverables
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Maintain project schedule throughout life of project, adjust as necessary based on customer driven needs, and set priorities on deliverables internally
- Identify and facilitate resolution of customer issues throughout project life cycle
- Accurately forecast project sales (shipments) and execute projects to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasted goals
- Travel, as necessary, to customer jobsites for face to face project kick-off meetings and during critical project milestones (as necessary) to drive customer intimacy
- Define, recommend, implement and utilize sound project management principles (PMO), tools, and procedures in the execution of duties, including, but not limited to: project scheduling, contract terms review, documentation control (e.g. approval process), project costing/margins, commercial bonding and insurance certificates, milestone deliverables & invoicing/payments, sales forecasting
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Lead project learning cycles to provide post-closeout project feedback to all functional groups to highlight lessons learned and areas of improvement/opportunities for future projects
- Support Director Metering Implementation Services in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documentations.
- Work with sales and marketing to influence marketplace through white papers, presentations, and case stories at regional/national trade shows and industry conferences.
- Assist in sales calls and presentations.
- Organize and oversee the field installation, data management and supervision of technology deployment and installation of the same in the field.
- Develop tools, approach and systems supporting our business.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a technical field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a project manager for a water meter company, municipality, water authority or contractor in the drinking water sector
- In depth knowledge of AMI with emphasis on software and billing system integration
- Well versed in water system design, hydraulics, analyses, operations and maintenance of its components
- Working knowledge of water meters and meter reading systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Projects, and CRM (a plus)
- PMP certification preferred
- Up to 50% travel required
- Participate in water system field reconnaissance, inspections, assessments and equipment installation
Skills & Attributes
- Expertise in water metering principles and operations
- Expertise in water Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems principles and operations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and satisfactorily resolve difficult technical and business issues
- Deep understanding and experience with project management best practices (POM)
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative thinking and communication skills (written & oral), with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and analytical/decision making skills.
- Excellent task management & organization skills (creation of Standard Operation Procedures and necessary tools/collateral to establish standard work)
- An ability to effectively communicate, listen, and empathize with the client.
- Ability to work and succeed in a non-structured work environment.
- Leadership capabilities.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be creative and to drive solutions into the organization.
- Appreciation for working with a global company.
- A combination of sales, delivery and project management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ConstructionView all jobs at Veolia