Project Manager - Capital Projects
- Posted: over a month ago
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with ~179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.Job Description
Support the Veolia Capital Program Management Team in Richmond, CA by developing, implementing and managing plant upgrade projects and collections system projects. Projects include Grit Chamber Rehabilitation, Aeration Upgrade, Cogeneration System Implementation, Solids Processing Upgrades, Multiple collection system upgrades and various other projects. Projects can include design/build or other alternative delivery procurement.
The CPM Project Manager will provide overall administrative and technical direction, enforce company and project policies, serve as main client interface, and ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. The CPM Project Manager will also conduct work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard construction techniques.
The CPM Project Manager will oversee the development, implementation and management of capital projects including water and wastewater improvements. The position will manage all stakeholders including contractors, engineers and others involved in the development and execution of capital projects. The position often requires the performance of preliminary engineering, cost estimating and forecasting. It includes the management of outside engineering consultants for final detailed engineering, procurement of equipment, and the management of construction contractors for the construction phase. It requires project safety oversight, change order negotiation, contract negotiation and client interface. It would require construction inspection, field oversight, project administration, daily reports and accounting services management. This position requires interaction with the Veolia plant operation teams for design review, tie-in/cutover coordination and startup and commissioning; and interaction with the Veolia Collections system team and City of Richmond for coordinating construction work on sewer system projects.
Other duties include project oversight on other CPM projects across North America and other current and future projects.
The CPM Project Manager will also support other Veolia Water’s operating project sites by developing, implementing and managing capital projects as needed. Projects can include design/build of a new facility that Veolia Water North America (VWNA) will operate, or design/build of additions, improvements or upgrades to existing facilities that VWNA operates.
- Organizes and directs all construction-related activities on a construction project to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule; meets accounting requirements; and is completed to quality standards
- Plans, coordinates and supervise activities of all company and contracted personnel on assigned projects
- Authorize/approve all selecting, hiring, and overseeing the work done by the contractors, purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and review with team members on a weekly basis
- Acts as primary client contact for all project-field activities
- Maintains official project log and documentation files
- Assists with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Oversee project environmental regulation compliance
- Perform additional assignments, per supervisor's direction
A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent project-related work experience. Professional Engineer preferred but not required.
5-10 years of experience in engineering design and design management; project management; cost estimating; business development and construction management. Experience in water/wastewater-related projects is highly desirable.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Must be a good team player and work collaboratively with different stakeholders and Veolia team members
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required
- Preliminary engineering to develop project cost estimates.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Subcontractor Safety, Cost and Quality Management.
- Project Management of design/build projects.
- Construction Management.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ConstructionView all jobs at Veolia