Operator & Maintenance Technician w/ CDL
- Posted: over a month ago
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environment (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.comJob Description
Under supervision, installs, maintains, and repairs mains, valves, pumps, hydrants, and other water service equipment. Operates construction equipment, such as Backhoes, front-end loaders, forklifts, pavers, motor graders, trench-digging machines, landscaping, and lawn mowing tractors pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools; Does related work as required.
Principal duties include but are not limit to:
- Works alone or with other employees in accordance with instructions from heads and other supervisory personnel.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs all tools, pumps, and specialized equipment. department Including but not limited to, grass cutting equipment (mowers, weedwhackers, and flail mowers, generators, pneumatic saws and chain saws.
- Inspects, adjusts, maintains, repairs, and rebuilds two- and four-cycle engines, as well as pneumatic tools and equipment.
- Pump repair: chemical, hydraulic, centrifugal, positive displacement, etc.
- Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment repairs
- Pump drive repair
- Drill press, tap & die
- Plumbing, pipe threading (copper, steel, PVC) water, sewer lines
- Electrical repair (building, motor)
- Inspects, adjusts, maintains, repairs and rebuilds accessory tools used in conjunction with the equipment described above.
- Make deliveries when needed.
- Digs trenches to remove defective pipes and to install new pipes, and mains; unloads pipes and fittings obtains, safeguards, and property uses needed equipment, tools, materials, and supplies.
- Excavates and backfills trenches and culverts, installs, repairs, and replaces water and sewer mains repairs valves and hydrants, drills and installs taps in mains, and performs related street repairs, working from land plats, maps, and other diagrams.
- Some knowledge of proper procedures used in making a complex repair to water mains, pipes, and appurtenances of varied types of tools used in the maintenance and repair of water installations and of the proper use of these tools.
- Conduct grounds keeping and landscaping functions including brush cutting, grubbing and trash/debris removal from work areas. Able to manipulate commercial grade lawn mowers and various landscaping tools. Operation of snowplowing equipment. Chain saw operation, fence repairs, and when directed collect and deliver system samples as needed.
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to operate a 90lb jackhammer.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions to learn quickly from oral and written explanations and from demonstrations
- Must participate in emergency stand-by rotation and must respond to the yard within forty-five minutes of notification, excluding Water Treatment Plant.
- In emergency situations, must be able to remain on the job until all repairs have been made and to operate an air compressor skillfully and other specialized tools and equipment.
- Performs similar or less skilled work as assigned.
- Assists employees of a higher classification as assigned.
- Must be on stand-by and respond to Little Falls yard within 45 min
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a Class A CDL w/ tanker endorsement
- Mechanical knowledge
- Small engine repair
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AddressLittle Falls, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Veolia