About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on wastewater treatment plants and related equipment.
- Performs general maintenance and repair tasks on buildings, structures, and grounds.
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunctions.
- Replaces packing in pumps or valves.
- Replaces bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment.
- Checks and aligns equipment.
- Tunes engines, sets valve clearance cleans, and adjusts regulators.
- Cleans out pipes and performs other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks as required.
- Uses gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut braze, or weld.
- Performs duties of electrician or painter in their absence.
- Installs and sets up new equipment.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences.
- Assists in keeping maintenance records.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment, pumps, motors, and large mechanical installations.
- Able to enter data into computer maintenance management system.
- Knowledge of the methods, material , equipment and tools used in the construction, repair and operation of engines, pumps and other mechanical equipment related to wastewater treatment plant operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operations of internal combustion engines and electrical pump motors; safety principles and practices.
- Communicates effectively at all levels regarding recommended maintenance and repair procedures.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Must participate in on-call rotation (1 week per month).
- Driver's license.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing 50 pounds from floor level to waist high. Items lifted are often bulky and difficult to handle.
- Must be able to climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold.
- Must be able to transport self over plant facility.
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to 1,000 steps per day.
- Must be able to use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts.
- Must be able to carry a 5O-pound tool box up a flight of stairs.
- Must be able to work in constricted places.
- Must have flexibility to reach, stoop, and bend to work on equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
AutomotiveView All Veolia Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.