- Over a month ago
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 48 million metric tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) generated consolidated revenue of €28.508 billion in 2021. www.veolia.com
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
This position provides specialized transportation and disposal services to our clients. Responsibilities include manifesting, packaging, spill response, labeling, loading/unloading, coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
- Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
- Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
- Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a professional manner to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Background:
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to follow through on assignments
Required Certification / Licenses / Training:
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous (H) endorsement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Veolia
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?