Environmental Specialist - Hazardous Material (On-Site)
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 48 million metric tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) generated consolidated revenue of €28.508 billion in 2021. www.veolia.comJob Description
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Responsible for providing hazardous and non-hazardous services at our client facility to meet our client’s environmental needs in accordance with State and Federal environmental, health, and safety regulations. This position will work in a supervised and/or independent capacity to successfully and safely complete scheduled projects for customers. Responsibilities may include packing, labeling, manifesting, and shipping waste based on the contract parameters
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a professional image with clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing and potential problems.
- Manage onsite customers’ hazardous and non-hazardous waste needs per the contact.
- Comply and enforce all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all US DOT/EPA paperwork to expedite disposal of hazardous waste, as required.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner to insure optimum efficiency and effectiveness to complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract terms and possess the ability to follow through on assignments.
- Other work-related duties, as assigned
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Science related discipline preferred
- 2-4 years of experience industry related work and customer service preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Proficiency with project/time management
- Knowledge of continuous process operations, chemical processing, and waste disposal.
- Computer proficiency with Google Office.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper Certification
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
VeoliaNorth Chesterfield, VA
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.