Construction Project Cost Control
- Posted: over a month ago
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.comJob Description
- The Construction Project Cost Control Primary objectives of the role include:
- Working with the project team in Gum Springs Arkansas to track all project costs
- Putting in place a well structured cost control process for procurement and review of all invoices (document control from quote,purchase requisition, PO, receiving, invoicing, payment)
- Forecasting project costs, reporting anticipated variances in a timely manner
- Assist in the development, evaluation and improvement of cost estimating and cost control tools and related processes
- Establish work breakdown structures and prepare cost reports
- Provide cost controls for large capital investments and turnarounds of various size and complexity
- Develop turnaround estimates, project and turnaround cost forecasts, and preparing project and turnaround cost reports
- Apply strong analytical skills that will allow proper assessments of projects to identify potential issues
- Establish time tracking and backup of manhours reported by contractors and consultants for [weekly reconciliation for all contractors]
- Establish process to document and record all financial transactions related to the project including warranty claims, change orders and other items as required. Manage operating costs and tracking separate from capital project costs.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Handle cost engineering functions involving budget preparation, cost control, forecasting and cost reporting.
- Interpret contract and handle financial risk and current cost control database.
- Monitor detailed construction project cost and cash flow reports developed by CMA.
- Monitor, evaluate and update project cost data on budgeted amounts.
- Reconcile and coordinate project cost data with client status reports.
- Support forecast of time and cost problems by offering trending information.
- Support past period cost performance report and fiscal budget annually.
- Use updated unit cost data to support Planning and Estimating.
- Manage Project Management database.
- Handle resource planning, milestone coordination and schedule tasks.
- Contact and support Project Controls and Scheduling individuals in role execution.
- Maintain appropriate corporate estimating records.
- Develop and update cost and resource loaded construction schedules.
- Establish and maintain harmonious client relationships to support the project delivery team.
- Submit monthly reports to Project Manager and support internal reports preparation.
- Determine schedule, estimates and work scope to execute and complete deliverables within budget.
- Develop and execute measurement systems to process, analyze and identify improvements.
- Analyze data, identify issues and recommend suitably.
- Support cost control as per contractual procedures, objectives and requirements.
- Conduct investigating requirements to estimate and control cost data.
- Support administrative and organizational activities to perform cost analysis and estimation.
- Verify scope trends and estimate costs by using contract terms.
- Execute schedule change management process to approve changes.
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of construction project cost control / management experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills.,
- Creative and innovative with assignments.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Able to travel
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- This position will require work in an office and a construction site/industrial facility environment.
- Ability to stay on feet for several hours during the day, walking through construction site
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Ability to climb ladders, climb on equipment
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test and maintain certification annually, work with a respirator as required
- Ability to work in a confined space (with proper training and safe work practices)
- Ability to work above grade
- Ability to work in extreme climate conditions (rain, wind, snow, ice, heat)
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. www.veolianorthamerica.com
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AddressGum Springs, AR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Veolia
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?