Navy Test Analyst or Engineer (POSITION LOCATED IN WASHINGTON, DC)
Ventus Executive Solutions is a small company that works in the innovation and consulting arena and hires particularly talented individuals. VES is looking for energetic and capable individuals to join our team supporting the US Navy’s acquisition and construction of its newest combatant ship. Team members will contribute across each facet of a major shipbuilding program.
Overview: Searching for a Navy Test Analyst or Engineer to work and supervise testing of the Navy’s newest surface combatant. Duties will include a wide range of technical and program management work across a variety of fields. You will participate in a vibrant team that conducts cutting edge work. Two years experience requested, 4 years desired with a SECRET Clearance. Former Naval officers or senior enlisted personnel with relevant experience would also be welcomed! Individuals with OPTEVFOR surface ship testing experience and/or shipyard experience are highly desired.
Details- duties will include:
- Works with Navy Testing program lead in the planning, oversight, integration, and evaluation of the ship’s hull mechanical/electrical and Combat Systems to meet or exceed ship mission parameters.
- Develops portions of and updates Test & Evaluation Master Plan and other documentation in the systems engineering and test arena.
- Reviews and provides input on test plans for each system to ensure functionality and integration across systems is reflected in overall test plan to meet requirements for IOC.
- Develops technical expertise in assigned systems and their integration into overall ship platform
- Prepares and reviews input to technical reports, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contract reports and formal briefings.
- Develops Engineering Change Proposals for consideration
- Building on experience and research on new technologies and processes provide advice and recommendations to test lead on meeting challenges of new shipbuilding program.
- Develops documentation, reports, and project plans and prepares and may present briefings and staff seminars.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Test or related field
- 2 years of experience in test and evaluation support of Navy shipbuilding or ship systems.
- Experience with test and evaluation of surface combatant ships.
- Familiarity with DoD 5000 processes
- Security Clearance of SECRET level REQUIRED
- Position is located in Washington, DC at the Navy Yard
Ventus Executive Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To find out more about Ventus, visit our website: www.ventus-solutions.com.