eDiscovery Operations Lead
Venturis LLC Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Venturis LLC is looking for an eDiscovery Operational Lead for the delivery of IT services and support to FDA’s eDiscovery program. The person will manage the team engaged in the full lifecycle of back office litigation support, including ESI processing, productions, application development, and administration. This individual will work closely with the eDiscovery program leadership as well as the Case Management and Infrastructure teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide expert advice and guidance on best practices for identification of potentially responsive ESI, data collection, search and culling, processing, review and production using available tools.
- Perform gap analysis, mapping ESI sources and locations, to identify ESI that cannot be preserved or collected.
- Develop and ensure compliance with ESI collection protocols.
- Assist customers to determine relevant document and data types.
- Investigate systems, applications, or data repositories targeted for eDiscovery data collection, including data extraction considerations, level of effort, and other relevant factors.
- Identify risks and document a defensible audit trail.
- Create and ensure compliance with quality control and validation processes.
- Supervise the collection of ESI using available tools such as EnCase and Microsoft 365.
- Apply best practices regarding data handling, ensuring metadata is maintained in a legally defensible, proportionate and auditable manner.
- Ensure that data collection includes virus scanning and other vetting according to FDA data security requirements and industry best practices.
- Manage the processing of data collected internally, or occasionally from external sources. Data formats may include email, word processing, .pdf images and others.
- Design and implement data processing activities such as full text extraction, optical character recognition, field mapping, metadata extraction, file conversion, Bates endorsement of .tiff images, creation of search indexes, search term reports, structured analytics, analysis and validation.
- Direct a quality assurance program for all operational activities to set and achieve high quality standards for services provided. Develop quality procedures and practice documentation; test and inspect processing results to ensure output meets specifications; inspect statistically significant samples of collected and processed ESI; generate audit reports.
- Track information related to all operational tasks and results, providing reports as requested.
- Format outgoing productions, load productions to appropriate locations for delivery/transfer, and manage data delivery devices or external media.
- Manage shipment preparation, packaging and labelling, and transportation to drop off or exchange locations based on selected delivery methods.
- Ensure appropriate data security standards are applied to all data leaving the FDA network.
- Effectively manage team performing all operational tasks to ensure compliance with standards, effective communication across the team, efficiency and accuracy of processes, and compliance with all FDA and internal security requirements.
Minimum Requirements: The candidate for this position shall have at least five (5) years of progressive technical and managerial experience with demonstrated skill in Relativity, EnCase, O365 and Nuix in a litigation environment. Experience in managing multiple tasks must be demonstrated. Experience using legal technology and applying automated litigation support principles and methods is also required. Excellent communications skills are required.
Related job titles often include: Senior eDiscovery Analyst, Lead eDiscovery Analyst, eDiscovery Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Following all Federal and Agency guidelines when on site. Partially remote.