We are looking for a Sr. Business Operations Manager with some IT skills and awareness of current Cloud Technologies to support our exciting DoD client project in Arlington, VA.
This opportunity offers the chance to work with some of the best and brightest IT minds in the Department of Defense and US Industry to implement a Defense-Wide cloud environment. The successful candidate will provide substantive support to a Military Program Manager. The support is commensurate with support provided by a Chief of Staff and to some extent by a Military Executive Officer. The support covers everything from administrative to being an executive idea sounding board to coordinating the actions of the other staff members. Because of the nature of the required duties, this position requires an individual with a thorough understanding of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) environment.
Knowledge of DoD Systems Acquisition, large scale cloud implementations, and IT Systems Engineering will be very beneficial, though a fast learner can be fully successful. The successful candidate will help guide a large cloud effort from infancy through operational deployment to include application migration. He/she will serve as a senior advisor to the government executive overseeing this Department of Defense-wide cloud effort and may lead discussions with government or contracted personnel from disparate backgrounds. The candidate needs a polished ability to communicate complex issues in plain language and must be comfortable and proficient in both meeting with senior government executive customers and in translating Department wide goals into actionable requirements.
An additional duty will be to serve as the office IT manager. This will include configuring, issuing, managing laptops, and any other IT equipment in the office (e.g. printers).
- Coordinates staff actions across the Program Office staff.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the Government Leadership for review/approval
- On behalf of Government Leadership coordinates/communicates, including calls, responding to email and interfacing, with stakeholders or their staffs at all levels
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressure
- Manages correspondence processes for the Government Leadership (e.g., formal letters, memoranda, read-ahead briefing/meeting packages, activity reports, and senior leadership reports); and tracks all suspenses to ensure timeliness.
- Responsible for managing the quality of correspondence provided to the Government Leadership’s review
- Coordinate daily calendars and ensure operations are accomplished in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist the Government leadership in coordinating tasks and information across the discrete workstreams to ensure each workstream remains informed and aligned to the overall strategic vision and schedule.
- Manages office IT for the program as an additional duty. This includes configuring new laptops to a pre-defined configuration, issuing laptops to new government and KTS employees, assisting with IT issues. This duty is shared with one other person.
- Coordinate joint efforts with other groups and offices and maintain accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Arrange for meetings, conferences, and video-teleconferencing, to include taking minutes and maintaining invitations attendee contact rosters. Support may include drafting meeting agendas and setup and operation of audiovisual equipment.
- Perform technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, proofreading, or overall documentation review for various documents, including acquisition, other program document, and user support documents.. Ensure documents are prepared in the appropriate format and are free from grammatical errors.
- Prepare and assist in the development of briefings, multimedia presentations, white papers and informational memoranda.
- Prepare, maintain, and update informational packages.
- Track and coordinate congressional, Government Accountability Office, and Office of Management and Budget interactions to ensure any requested meetings and artifacts are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Government in planning and overseeing cloud efforts on a large scale.
- Assist other team members in other specialties as needed to accomplish the overall mission.
- 10+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field. Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience as a Chief of Staff (or working for a COS) for an OSD level organization or as an executive officer to a Military Flag Officer or member of the Senior Executive Service is highly desired. At a minimum the candidate is required to possess the qualities and skills commensurate with said experiences.
- Experience as an office IT manager
- Ability to uphold a strict level of discretion and confidentiality
- Highly motivated professional and capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Powerful analytical and problem solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Ability to take a conceptual discussion and build a presentation to convey the message.
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of data, files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Understanding of the Defense Acquisition System (specifically DoDI 5000.75) highly desired
- Know how to navigate the Pentagon to get work done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to brief senior executives with little notice.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must hold a current DoD Secret Clearance, and have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI.