Venture Fort Collins, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
A Sales Representative is the customer facing function of our organization. Responsible for engaging prospects, leads, and customers to secure shipments. Each Rep is also responsible for obtaining all shipment data for our customer service team, so that details are visible to our Operations team within our TMS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Field and place customer calls and emails to accept shipments and provide shipment updates when needed
- Provide rates to customers for potential shipments
- Input shipments in TMW & schedule appointments (reschedule appointments when needed)
- Update customer websites with shipment information
- Communicate shipment changes and status between the customer and our Operations team
- Engage customers daily via phone, e-mail, or face-to-face meetings
- Ability to stay focused in a busy, loud environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task between multiple accounts at any given time during the day
- Regular and predictable attendance
OTHER SIGNIFICANTJOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Must be cross-trained on other Customer accounts, to ensure we have coverage when primary Account Reps are unavailable (lunch, gym, out of the office)
- Travel as necessary to visit prospects, leads, and customers
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.)
- General computer skills- typing, emailing, faxing
- Ability to describe our services in a professional language
Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. Travel including car and plane
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.
This Position Description is not intended to guarantee, and does not guarantee, ongoing employment or employment for a definite term, either in this position or with the Company. Absent an enforceable written contract to the contrary, and to the fullest extent allowed by federal, state and local law, an employee's employment relationship with the Company is at-will.
AddressFort Collins, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Venture