AWS Cloud Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready to build a rewarding career and a better future? Our partners are always on the lookout for motivated, curious, and creative people to join their organization.
Our teaming partner provides modern IT solutions with a commitment to agility, transparency, and practical experience. We are currently seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer that will be a critical member of a growing team with opportunities to learn and advance your career. This role will be part of an Agile team and will work directly with federal clients to deliver high-quality products that delight users and address important business needs. The AWS Engineer will help lead DevSecOps efforts for our company and support cloud environments for applications impacting millions of people across the country.
The ideal candidate will engage in multiple phases of the delivery lifecycle and actively promote DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), and infrastructure-as-code principles. This role will leverage established cloud-native platform stacks and modern open-source tools to address evolving customer goals and objectives.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a DevSecOps approach to automate cloud infrastructure as code, build and deploy CI/CD tools and services to provide self-service capabilities to delivery teams and deliver high high-quality apps faster
- Work with developers to ensure applications are properly tested, secured, deployed, and always monitored
- Collaborate within a cross-functional Agile team through multiple iterations
- Champion the use of Agile principles and practices to build a culture of trust, continuous improvement, and delivery within the team
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Ensure compliance with customer and VerticalApps policies & procedures, safety, state, and federal laws, regulations, and standards
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years of AWS Cloud infrastructure-as-code work experience is required using tools such as Git, Jenkins, CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or similar, to automate VPC configuration, DNS, EIPs, ALBs/ELBs, security groups, auto-scaling, KMS, secrets management, S3, DynamoDB, Aurora/RDS
- Experienced in containerization and orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes, or Fargate/EKS/ECS
- Proficient at scripting in multiple languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, JSON, or YAML
- Experience automating configuration and deployment of COTS products, e.g. UiPath to AWS
- Experience with logging or monitoring solutions such as PagerDuty, New Relic, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Prometheus/Grafana, Splunk
- Experience integrating security tools into the CI/CD pipeline such as Tenable Nessus, StackRox, Twistlock, HP Fortify, WebInspect, and/or open-source static analysis tools
- Experience with an API management tool such as Apigee or Kong
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and Agile team members
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to refine requirements into development tasks
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working under pressure
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a relevant discipline
- AWS certification required - at least Associate level
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to meet suitability requirements
Venture Talent Consulting is an AA/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individuals race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
Venture Talent Consulting
Get fresh AWS Cloud Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.