Solar Project Planner Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Solar Project Planner Engineer
Venture Solar is hiring for a Solar Project Planner Engineer.
Installers wanted - Use your install knowledge to plan solar and solar with storage projects by reviewing site assessments. After reviewing the site assessments you will determine what pre-install work needs to be done and give the installers a road map to install
This is a remote position.
As a Project Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Review site assessment photos to determine if installation is feasible. After review, determine if the project can go forward as is, if pre-install work is needed or if the project cannot go forward.
- Make notes for all pre-install work that needs to be completed, including roofing, structural, electrical, interior demolition work, and removal of bushes, plumbing leaks, etc.
- Determine the best places to hang equipment.
- Determine available interconnection methods
- If the site assessment is missing needed information, list what is still needed and work with the sales concierge, and have the site assessor go back.
- Give weekly feedback to Site Assessment Team
- Willing to research problems you don’t understand through reaching out to your supervisor, our master electrician, and using the internet.
- Comfortable with computers. Experience with Salesforce and google suite is a plus.
- Electrical knowledge to identify components of a residential electrical system.
- Knowledge of different roofing materials and how they are installed and the problems each material can pose to installing solar.
- Knowledge of the different types of decking.
- Understanding of house structure - rafters, ridge beams, trusses, floor joists, studs.
- Familiarity with installing equipment
- Knowledge of basic NEC code as it pertains to PV installations including clearances and distances of electrical equipment.
- Able to read the roofing and electrical plan sets.
About Venture Solar:
Venture Solar takes an employee and customer-first approach with the goal of providing the best experience possible in the Solar industry! Venture Solar is a residential and commercial solar provider that services customers in NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, RI, NH, PA, and DE. Our mission is to help our customers take control of their energy costs by switching to cheaper, cleaner solar power with no upfront cost and immediate savings.
Venture Solar was founded in 2015 by Alex Yackery and Alex Giles who are actively involved in the business and take a hands-on approach to train everyone who joins the team
Venture Solar is recognized on the Inc 5000 as the 497th fastest growing company in the country. At Venture Solar, we believe that when your talents are aligned with your work and you’re passionate about the difference you make, you don’t work a day in your life. A Venture Solar career is a journey that starts with a positive, productive, and engaging workplace where team members are valued and respected.
If you're interested in an opportunity to join our team in a growing organization, apply to one of our open positions today!
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, nature, and level of work to be performed as of the document preparation date; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Venture Solar reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice. Venture Solar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
ConstructionView all jobs at Venture Solar