Director of DEI
- Expired: October 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of DEI
Vice President of Finance and Operations
Full time exempt
The application for this position will remain open until November 11, 2022, after which time qualified candidates will be contacted. (No phone calls or emails please.)
Inspire. Educate. Equip.
We remove barriers and create access to outdoor experiences.
Venture Outdoors is a nonprofit organization dedicated to removing barriers and creating access to outdoor experiences. We provide a variety of experiences that inspire an active lifestyle, promote the region's unique natural amenities, highlight its excellent quality of life, and foster a greater appreciation for the environment.
The Director of DEI will be responsible for creating and maintaining the organization's overall DEI strategy, assisting program managers in expanding a culture of belonging externally, and creation and implementation of staff, volunteer and board trainings, as well as council for internal DEI efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the implementation and expansion of the Mentorship Program aimed at creating job opportunity and career ladders for individuals of color within the outdoor industry. This includes daily support for mentors, host organizations, mentees and families.
- Provide program directors and managers with strategic support to expand inclusion and belonging within external program offerings.
- Assist executive management in creating an organization-wide equity strategy that influences how diversity supports the overall organization.
- Advise executive management on the level of performance of the organization's hiring, promotion, and retention of diverse populations.
- Define a framework for measuring diversity and inclusion from both an organizational and programmatic standpoint. Design the systems and tools needed to support measurement (e.g. scorecards, dashboards, etc.).
- Assist executive management in developing an accountability strategy to drive organizational ownership and individual leadership goals.
- Establish networks and educational assets (trainings) for board, volunteers and staff development.
- Grant writing, management and reporting.
- Manage external partner relationships.
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in leading organization diversity, equity and inclusion programming
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience in personnel management
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work creatively and constructively with staff to create a team environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a continually changing work environment
- Ability to work well independently and also be a part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take initiative and produce results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization including proven track record of relating to and influencing executive level decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create and execute plans that fulfill organization objectives and goals
- Knowledge of non-profit organization management
- Dedicated and committed to the mission of Venture Outdoors
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (can acquire upon hiring)
- PA State Act 34/151 Background Clearances and FBI Background check (must acquire prior to employment)
Note: a finding on the criminal background clearances is not an automatic disqualification, but rather a conversation starter
- Strong management skills
- Flexibility to work where necessary on the weekend, evening and holiday hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances
- 15 days paid vacation annually; 15 days paid sick time annually
- 10 paid holidays annually (these days are not prescribed by Venture Outdoors but provided to employees to use as they wish to best fit their values and beliefs)
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per month to be used as employees see fit
- All primary and general election days are paid time off
- Parental Leave program
- Paid winter shutdown between December 26-January 1
- Paid professional development
- Flexible work environment
- Free kayaking!
STAFF EQUITY STATEMENT
We commit to the equitable treatment of our colleagues, participants, and community membersby valuing their rights, dignity,voice,and expression.
We welcome and respect the diversity of individualitysuch as race, sex, gender identity, ability,culture,and religion.
We recognize the human rightfor all individuals to berespectedand acceptedwithout bias.
We commit to an organizational responsibility to build individual and community respect, dignity, fairness, care, and equality.
Westrive to understand the role our system plays in perpetuatingexclusion, and to address the dynamics that support it.
We understand that accountability is mutual and reciprocalin ordertocontinuallylearn andimprove.
We believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion extends beyond the workplace andencourage all to continuepersonal development alongside the organization.
Werequireorganizational staff and participants toencouragea culture of belongingand considerthe entire experience and the ecosystem that supports.
We will not tolerate explicit and implicit forms of racism, sexism, classism, xenophobia,ageism,and/or ableism.
We will not accept the use of racial or gender biases and require staff to implement inclusionary practices within their duties and program design.
Get fresh VP Director of Finance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.