- Posted: April 13, 2022
- $19 Hourly
Location: Salem, OR
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
The Sanitation Operator’s primary responsibility is to perform the disassembly, sanitizing, and reassembly of food processing machinery and other cleaning and sanitary needs in a safe manner. To follow all food safety practices while performing duties.
- 10am start, Mon-Fri schedule
- Benefits Eligible
- $19 per hour starting pay
- Adhere to all worker safety, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), food safety, and customer-specific practices: a) work safely at all times, strictly following Ventura Foods’ worker safety and food safety rules and guidelines. b) Keep all work and storage areas clean and hazard-free. c) Strictly follow all Ventura Foods’ GMP procedures
- Perform cleaning procedure on all process equipment as assigned: a) Perform proper pre-cleaning inspections on all equipment. b) Completion of required food safety related equipment inspections and reporting as prescribed by the facility’s sanitation preventive controls and HACCP program. c) Follow all safety procedures/policies. d) Report any safety hazards. e) Become proficient at operation, including protection, of all process equipment in cleaning process. f) Follow established Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs) at all times and return equipment to pre-operating state when cleaning process is completed
- Perform cleaning procedures throughout the entire facility both inside and outside: a) Perform tasks on master cleaning schedule and record the completion of those tasks. b) Complete action items from safety and food safety inspections. c) Address areas as needed that need cleaning including lunchroom, locker room and hand wash sinks. d) Empty garbage cans, sweep, vacuum, paint, cobweb removal and operate floor scrubber. e) Perform oil recovery and cleaning tasks in the waste water building. f) Assist with pest control program as directed (no pesticide or rodenticide contact or application). g) Other cleaning and weed removal as directed
- Preform pre-cleaning tasks on a daily basis: a) Evaluate the daily cleaning tasks to be performed and ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) is available in working condition and used to perform the required cleaning tasks
- Other Duties: a) Notify a manager, supervisor, foreperson or lead person about any issue(s) that may impact personal safety, product quality or product integrity. b) Complete and submit all required paperwork. c) Keep updated on new products, packaging, supplies, equipment, etc. as they relate to the cleaning process and line set up issues. d) Lock up facility and set alarm as directed. e) Work production if so directed. f) Check seals and hook up railcars on a nightly basis. g) Run both crystallizers and do proper procedures checks and keep accurate paperwork. h) Tank inventory at end of the night
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Experience in food manufacturing environment/sanitation experience preferred
- Capable of being forklift licensed/certified
- Capable of becoming qualified to operate all production equipment as required to perform cleaning tasks and operate it in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to understand defined operating and cleaning procedures and their application to producing, handling and cleaning quality product in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to read and write legibly and understand safety data sheets, chemical labels and other documents related to chemical usage and cleaning
- Must be able to perform basic mathematic functions, including rate and ratios
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Ventura Foods