Under general supervision, perform a variety of laboratory tests or other laboratory work to help provide top quality and safe products that meet customer requirements and specifications. Assist plant operations personnel with quality and processing matters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test, monitor, and document accurately quality results and processing data for products produced.
- Audit, verify and follow-up process controls such as weight checks, batch sheets, HACCP, plant inspections, receiving, etc.
- Support process variations as they relate to formula adjustments to satisfy customer requirements.
- Maintain a high and effective level of communication with all operating departments.
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain lab equipment.
- Assure that all GMP, Sanitation, and housekeeping practices are being followed according to expectations.
- Utilize AS400 and JDE computer system for necessary quality functions.
- Work toward gaining the knowledge and understanding of the crystallization and tempering of oils, margarines, shortening, mayonnaises, dressings and sauces.
- Maintain and complete files and documentation accurately and timely.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior food manufacturing lab environment, fats, oils, dressings experience preferred.
- 2 years related laboratory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent math, problem solving, and organizational skills. Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a self-starter.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a self-starter.
- Good inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels.
- Ability to conduct and post cleaning inspections.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.